You know, this has happened to all of us, right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can neither confirm nor deny your statement about that happening to all of us at one time or another.

When I was a kid, I grew up on a major river in the 50s. By the time I was 12, I got paid to drive yachts, so their owners could drink. In the old days, before boaters became enemys of the state, there were many small marinas. Sometimes 1/4 to 1/2 mile apart near a city and a couple miles apart in the country. Each usually had a tavern and some food service. Many cruisers of the day would spend the weekend going from one tavern to the next. The first couple I worked for had sunk 10 cabin cruisers before I took over the helm. Probably why insurance is so high now.

I've had all of those experiences before, but not all at the same time...:ermm:

Early to mid 60's: 30' old, heavy, slow white/blue/orange colored police boats were few and far between. As teens in fast little runabout o/b's and small i/b's, LI South Shore inner channels and bays had much wild times happen! :hide: :dance:

Any young, attractive ladies claiming I was party to such an unbecoming event should be made aware that I don’t know where the boat bar is, I don’t drink aboard and have no recollection of visiting the very uncomfortable bow area where the numerous alleged events took place.

Let me introduce you to one of my former crew members. She also can neither confirm nor deny that anything untoward happened while on board the boat.

how_boating_accidents_happen.jpg

" she can do her time with me if she cooks"

How many great cooks that are not overweight have you known?

Let me introduce you to one of my former crew members. She also can neither confirm nor deny that anything untoward happened while on board the boat.

how_boating_accidents_happen.jpg

Hmmmm, a bit over dressed???

Tina saw that and said, "She has to go!!!"

That's a photo of my wife... in 1970! LOL

That's a photo of my wife... in 1970! LOL

And when she asks, the proper response is, "You are more beautiful than the first day I met you."

Is this the maritime version of the Mile High Club?

I prefer doing it in airplanes...

The captain is intoxicated, and not at the the helm. How does the deck hand get convicted of negligence?

The captain is intoxicated, and not at the the helm. How does the deck hand get convicted of negligence?

If tried in a maritime court, it is distribution of blame.

Last edited:
Sorry about the 'paid only' part, I was just logged in automatically.

THE skipper of a luxury yacht danced on the bow of the Crystal Blue the night the vessel hit a channel marker, a moored boat and ran aground multiple times, damning CCTV shows.

The same night Jeremy “JJ” Piggott also had sex with deckhand Cheya Handley while the boat was left to drift near Wavebreak Island.

CCTV of the night obtained by the Bulletin shows Piggott dancing a jig on the bow.

Jeremy "JJ" Piggott does a jig on the Crystal Blue the night he had a sex romp with deckhand Cheya Handley after crashing and grounding the vessel.
He stops suddenly, turning to look directly at the CCTV camera before heading inside.

The footage also shows lights from channel markers, landmarks and other boats coming into view as the vessel drifts in a wide circle.

It was also revealed today Handley was given a pay rise and promotion after the drunken romp.

Deckhand Cheya Handley, 26, and skipper Jeremy “JJ” Piggott, 46, let the Crystal Blue drift for 10 minutes without lights while they made love near Wavebreak Island in the early hours of March 3, 2018.

Before the fling the 24m boat – which costs about $1600 an hour to charter – had hit a channel marker, a moored boat and run aground multiple times on an 86km trip from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.

Handley has not been held accountable for any of the collisions or damage to the boat.

The pair were bringing the boat back to the Gold Coast following a four-hour charter in Brisbane during which guests partied with topless waitresses.

Those collisions left large scrapes of the side of the Crystal Blue and an estimated damage bill of $140,000.

Handley, a former stunt woman at Universal Studios in Japan, pleaded guilty in the Southport Magistrates Court to one count of risking the safety of a person or commercial vessel.

She walked from court with a $1000 good behaviour bond for six months and no conviction recorded.

“(The offence occurred) in the channel adjacent to Wavebreak Island where the vessel drifted, unanchored and unlit, while the defendant and the master of vessel Jeremy ‘JJ’ Piggott were engaged in sexual intercourse on the bow of the vessel,” Prosecutor Jeffrey Hunter said.

Mr Hunter said Piggott was using a remote control to drive the boat while the pair had sex.

“The idea this vessel would be adrift at night with nobody keeping lookout would cause significant risk to those using water ways and those on board the Crystal Blue,” he said.

The pair were heavily intoxicated at the time.

Defence barrister David Funch, instructed by Howden Saggers Lawyers, said Handley had not only gotten her job back with the Crystal Blue but had been promoted and given a pay rise.

“She still works as a deckhand and now has greater responsibility in respect of the operational side,” he said.

Following the romantic interlude Handley had been fired.

She got her job back after taking part in an interview with Maritime Safety Queensland.

Mr Funch said there was a complex power dynamic between Handley and Piggott, who was in charge of the boat as the skipper.

“When a master tells you to jump, you say how high … that is how it is in the marine industry,” he said.

Mr Funch said Handley had worked in the marine industry since she was 13 and hoped to join the Navy.

During sentencing, Magistrate Andrew Sinclair said he took into account the high level of media coverage of the “embarrassing” incident.

“Young people seem to want to be famous these days but you attracted a fair degree of publicity which would not have been pleasant for you,” he said.

Mr Sinclair said he also took into account the power dynamic between Handley and Piggott.

Piggott pleaded guilty in August to two counts of master recklessly contravening his duty to ensure safety of vessels, marine safety equipment or operations.

He was fined $4000 and placed on a good behaviour bond for two years.

He was fined $4000 and placed on a good behaviour bond for two years.

Nothing said about the the captain losing his license. Hmmmm.

She was given a pay raise and promoted to entertainment director.

Here you go

Attachments

• FB_IMG_15755897696493827.jpg
    FB_IMG_15755897696493827.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 68
That's a "Gotcha" smile... if ever there was one!

Wonder if she actually disliked the participating seman??!! :facepalm: :socool: :D

I've had all of those experiences before, but not all at the same time...:ermm:

WF, my favorite fantasy is making love on the bow of a boat and actually having a girl there with me.

But...that's just me. YFMV.

Sorry folks, I am beginning to get negative feeling about the lady; using her body to get what she wants in life. Yea yea, we don't want to admit if openly but, some women have been known to do it to men. And that is a polite way of putting it.

Sorry, maybe I am just a cynical old man, based only on experience.

Last edited:
WF, my favorite fantasy is making love on the bow of a boat and actually having a girl there with me.

But...that's just me. YFMV.

IMO, there is no "love" involved. We all know that part about "love". More like, hot, sweaty, loud, meaningless animal sex. Damn that can be exciting. LOL :whistling:

Last edited:
Amateurs.

It's said that all Canadians can make love in a canoe without tipping it, and without bumping into anything other than that which is intended.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom