Height above waterline on a Mainship 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
Does anyone know what the height above water is on a 400 with and without fly bridge bimini?
Also does anyone have an installed hardtop fly-bridge? How easy is it to remove to pass under low bridges? Thanks in advance.

My Mainship 400 was 19'2" with full fuel, full water, two people and all the cruising equipment on board.

That's 19'2" to the top of the mast.

Book shows:

Clearance Height (top of antenna and anchor light)
19'2"
Clearance Height (Over Bimini)
16'4"
Clearance Height (Bimini down)
14'6"

However, there's an argument to measure it yourself, which I plan to do someday. But, I feel the book measurements are pretty close.

FWIW, I found a difference of about 1 1/2 to 2" in draft (which would affect the air height) from a fully loaded loop boat, to and empty one with two people on board.

The mast comes down easy peasy... one person operation. Taking the Bimini down is a bitch and a several hour project up and down. And then, how to your store the supports? Perhaps you could rope them together and lay them across the back of the seats on the FB, and just crawl under them. But could be a challenge. However, if you're thinking of the western Erie Canal, that would be cheaper than buying another boat......

The mast comes down easy peasy... one person operation. Taking the Bimini down is a bitch and a several hour project up and down. And then, how to your store the supports? Perhaps you could rope them together and lay them across the back of the seats on the FB, and just crawl under them. But could be a challenge. However, if you're thinking of the western Erie Canal, that would be cheaper than buying another boat......

You can get the quick release fasteners for your Bimini, thus making it easier to lower than the mast. Just a little planning and a few parts.
Mine comes down in a minute or two. I stand the roof parts on a collapsed boathook, no extra parts, so I can easily crouch under it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom