Where to Find Bronze Verticle Stanchions for an 82 GB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdscott3

Vessel Name
Harvest Moon
Vessel Make
1981 Grand Banks Classic 42’
I had my first and I hope last crunch on my boat yesterday, there was 3 knots of current in my marina that I didn't anticipate. A bowsprit from a docked boat took out 2 vertical bronze stanchions on my 1982 Classic 42' Grand Banks.
I suspect these are next to impossible to find, does anyone know where I can find several?

Thanks in advance - Jim

Picture would help. They can probably be made. If it's a bronze tube with a fitting on each end, then the tube can be replaced. If they're just bent, a good metal worker can probably straighten them.
There are boat scrap yards, but they have mostly small common I/O boats.

Watch out for those docked boats. They move fast!!!

Any foundry should be able to replicate them. (don't ask for the price upfront)
Good metal/welding shop might be able to straighten them but removing the gouges would be difficult. Maybe they could use bronze filler rod and then grind it back to shape?

Last edited:
:whistling: Caution, the new ones do not have any petina and you may not recognise them in the store.

I had my first and I hope last crunch on my boat yesterday, there was 3 knots of current in my marina that I didn't anticipate. A bowsprit from a docked boat took out 2 vertical bronze stanchions on my 1982 Classic 42' Grand Banks.
I suspect these are next to impossible to find, does anyone know where I can find several?

Thanks in advance - Jim

If you can take the damaged stanchions and an undamaged one to a foundry, they can replicate the shape from the undamaged one, using the bronze from the damaged ones and some supplemental bronze, they can make you a new pair.

There are boat scrap yards, but they have mostly small common I/O boats.

This is true but I’d still give Marine Connection Liquidators, in Fort Pierce, a try. Also maybe the Grand Banks Owners group might know places to look.

The bronze GB stanchions from that era were fabricated, not cast.

As such you might be able to have your damaged ones repaired.

Grand Banks Stanchions

I have a full set if anyone needs them. missing two forward port side.
Used so have patina. $60 each single / $100 double (ones by boarding gate and midship) You pay shipping IMG_1789.jpg

Last edited:
Stanchions

Thanks in advance - Jim
Easier than just email me. I might have some
Richard@cfandm.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom