View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #17
Rufus
Guru

City: Great Lakes
Vessel Model: OA 440
The AC system was installed while the boat was on Lake Travis in 2006. Then the boat was moved to the Great Lakes and only used for a few month each year. No salt water ops at all. I back flushed it four or five years ago, but not with a cleaner liquid. The rear unit is situated on the same bulkhead (opposite side) as the forward unit and a few feet lower in the hull (on the floor of a closet in the aft cabin). Water temp is typically in the 50 degree range, but it seems to malfunction at any temperature....although I've not tried it on a 90 degree day with water temp in the 70's. Top unit works fine...as expected a little slow to heat up when the water is cold, but it always works without throwing a fault signal.

Given the way this thing immediately blinks a momentary pressure signal, and then immediately shifts the fan down to low speed the exact same way every time regardless of water temperature, I'm inclined to think it's a switching malfunction or a genuine pressure issue. It's just odd that it works fine in the cooling mode.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the tips. I'll look closely at that fault warning when I splash the boat in the Spring and make a point of backflushing/cleaning the lines and the unit.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote