View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #73
FF
Guru

One of the first big decisions a boat that size will need , is weather a noisemaker will operate 24/7/365 or if night will be silent time.

There would be a big difference in outfitting either choice.

Mostly as it concerns refrigeration.

Since there is boodles of room I would look at Sun Frost (www.sunfrost.com/) for a DC fridge and freezers.

Big ,very well insulated and a quality product. Fast simple and seamless.

Second choice (to my mind) would be a custom top loading set of fridge and freezers with 4 inch in fridge and 6 in freezer of the best insulation I could find.

There are evacuated panels that have great ratings , but you would need to design the box to those sizes.

IF the boat were really being setup for "Silent Ship" as much as possible probably large eutetic plates with the compressor either driven with hyd , or a 240v Copeland scroll unit , should result in the least noisemaker daily run time..

How to handle refrigeration , probably the highest long term power drain , would determine the power , AC , batts or Hyd for most of the vessel systems.

If the chief likes propane for cooking silent is really easy.

If the noisemaker will be on for 4-8 hours a day just to cook , refrigeration becomes much easier, and a water maker might free lots of tank space for other storage..

Thoughts?

FF
FF is offline   Reply With Quote