The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hlavaty J

Hi all,
We are new here and new to the PNW. We have been retired for 2 years now and are finally getting down to serious fun. We tried the RV thing and that did not do it for us. Then an old dream came back to me... I retired from the Coast Guard in 95, (and had to go out and get a real job) back then I had a small trawler in Cuba (GITMO) and had a ball. I wanted to sail her back to the states but time was against me. The boat got a lift on a barge and then towed to my next duty station. She was sold in Monterey.
My dream was to get another trawler and set sail again. So here we are. We have done things a little backward in that we bought a boat slip in Semiahmoo, without first having a boat. We did not want to get a boat and not have a place for her.
So we are now on the hunt for a trawler... Single diesel, 30 to 36 feet long. We have been crawling all over boats in the PNW and on line. I think we know more of what we don't want than what we want.
So Hello from us, we are excited about this next chapter and already have found a lot of useful information here on the TF.

PS: If anyone has a Trawler for sale in the PNW 30-36 drop us a line.

Thank you All

Jim & Judy

Hello Jim and Judy and welcome to TF and the Blaine neighborhood. I expect you will love it there. We do.

I suppose you have checked in with the resident broker at Blaine Harbor but he seems to be moving quite a few boats these days so worth keeping in touch with I suspect.

Not in the PNW but still relatively new to TF. We also bought a slip almost a year before we found our boat as slips in our area are hard to come by. Welcome to TF :)

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your boat search.

Hi Jim and Judy,
Welcome to the Forum and the PNW. Formally we lived in the Vancouver Lower Mainland (born and raised in Vancouver) and moored our first boat (a sailboat) at Point Roberts Wa. You should enjoy Semiahmoo and area!
Knowing what you don't want is a great start to finding the "right boat" for you. As I am sure you know (based on your background) figure out how you want to use the boat, then "must haves" and "nice to have" features. Combined with your absolutely "don't wants" and budget will greatly narrow your search.

Find yourself a "good buyer's broker" as well as keep searching yourself. Bring your "finds" to the broker's attention for contacting the listing broker. Private sales, up to you (whether broker or not).
Good luck on your search, and remember when it comes to compromising, the Admiral is right :)

Thank You all for the warm welcome. Yes we are excited about getting to know the area by sea.

Back
Top Bottom