Hello from the PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toki

Vessel Name
Toki
Vessel Make
Ranger 27
Hi folks, new to the forum, new to trawlers, and new to power boats in general! I'm an avid sailor, but last spring we bought a 2016 Ranger 27 and have been learning about it ever since. I'm still getting used to the idea that you can actually point a boat in the direction you want to go and go there!

We keep the Ranger (and the sailboat) in Anacortes WA. Over the years I've become intimately familiar with cruising the San Juan and gulf islands. Looking forward to expanding that knowledge on the tug, including a June 2020 trip up to Desolation Sound.

Later, Dan

Hi Dan,
Welcome to the forum and being a "trawler/tug" owner. I see a lot of Ranger Tugs in Desolation and further north each summer. If you watch the weather (and who doesn't have to do that), you can even go to northern BC (past Cape Caution) or Alaska if you want.
Enjoy

Welcome aboard TF.
I think you'll find many sailors that have turned to Tawlers here.

Welcome Dan. Welcome to the "Stink Pot" side of the boating world.

Welcome aboard. And congrats on your new boat.

When you made the switchover from a blow boater to a stink potter you sure started with a seaworthy boat.

Welcome to TF from another PNW boater.

Welcome, Dan! See you out there...

Thanks for the warm welcomes everybody! My sailing buddies tell me I've gone to the dark side, but it seems the dark side is a friendly place!

Back
Top Bottom