Bringing home our new boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruthless

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Doctail
Vessel Make
Fu Hwa 42
We just took our first cruise ever, 260 miles from Manteo, NC to Kent Narrows, MD. Three and a half days through the Albermarle Sound, Albermarle Chesapeake Canal and Chesapeake Bay. A lifetime dream come true.

Attachments

• doctail tilgman island.jpg
    doctail tilgman island.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 194
  • flatty calm ti.jpg
    flatty calm ti.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 144
  • sunset ti.jpg
    sunset ti.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 138
  • work boats ti.jpg
    work boats ti.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 170
Nice phots

Good looking boat. Is that radar arch added or part of the original design.

It appears to be original but I don't really know, they could have added the sundeck hardtop and arch, they appear to be part of the same construction. There were two prior owners, it's a 1986.

Is that a PT? Nice photos. Are you keeping the boat on the Chesapeake?

Handsome is as handsome does. Living the dream ... nothing better.

The radar arch, the vertical sides in the sundeck roof, the salon door and the fly bridge layout look very similar to my Nova 36 (FHB) is a 87.

Looks like you have a aft cockpit. I am going to wish i had one when i catch some fish.

Congratulations on the nice boat.

The radar arch, the vertical sides in the sundeck roof, the salon door and the fly bridge layout look very similar to my Nova 36 (FHB) is a 87.

Looks like you have a aft cockpit. I am going to wish i had one when i catch some fish.

Congratulations on the nice boat.

She IS a FHB, a 42, her cockpit was the thing all the others were missing when we looked at them... we didn't know until we saw hers.. what we really wanted but hadn't found :} We were like "ahhhhhh" got it.

Back
Top Bottom