Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That 2001 Willard 40'er is nicest Willard I've seen! Would love to see close ups and inside.

Alas, that is the only pic I took. :facepalm: They did not offer a tour and in fairness, I didn't ask to see the interior. I have thought of walking around Anacortes to see if it's still there but just have never done it. We have never stayed there on the boat, so...I am still a working stiff.

Reactions: Art
Oh dear...…..

That one is going to be trouble for sure!

I am trying to convince my wife we need a boat on the East Coast and the West Coast. [emoji23]

But look honey, it has a fireplace!

I wonder if it comes with a slip?

That definitely is an odd ball. Nicely rounded stern, good balance, but looks like spray rails on the bow and 450 HP? No doubt, an interesting boat.

I think its a non starter for most here...

It appears to have trim tabs!
HOLLYWOOD

For some foolish reason, I still look at all the boat pictures you post here. I am greatly relieved to discover most of the ideal boats are located on the west coast and I am on the east coast.
I don't go to the boat shows for 2 reasons. 1. I own a boat 2. My walking has become slower. I have come to the conclusion, the person who said, 'Growing old is fun.', never grew old.

Last edited:
That's why Canada has restricted/limited access to medically assisted death.

Yup, keep them around as a drag on the health care system.

Okay, I'm donellll It is getting political.

Hate to say it, but she is gorgeous up close. I didn’t call the broker for a closer look as I’m too scared it could lead to stupid decisions.
ATTACH]

Oh dear...…..
That one is going to be trouble for sure!

I am trying to convince my wife we need a boat on the East Coast and the West Coast. [emoji23]

But look honey, it has a fireplace!

I wonder if it comes with a slip?

Ooooooo... that's a nice looking ship. I think the only thing I don't like about that is the Christmas wrapping paper linens. Everything else looks great. That's a lot of boat for the money, too. Hell, it would be financially irresponsible not to by that boat, CD.

This 1983 Defever 49 is for sale and is currently in the water at my marina. If anyone wants me to put an extra set of eyes on it then PM me. I'd be happy to help. From my swim platform I can see her slip! BIG boat. Very seaworthy looking. I think $10-15k and a good DIY new owner would make this old girl sing again. Lol

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1983/defever-pilot-house-3560567/

Weird turn of events for this one! Im next to this boat now on the winter docks! Shes huge. I love the freeboard. I went inside too . VERY cool rig

Was passed by this today. It's not the boat that caught my attention, but the gas grill mounted on the port side of the swim platform. Water was flowing up through the platform slots and appeared to be soaking the 20 pound steel propane tank. Guess this works in freshwater, but probably not a happy ending going down the AICW.

20191104_181552.jpg

Ted

Ostentatious beyond concept! :nonono: Does create some employment though. :thumb: Seems the $325 M could be put to better use. :facepalm:
The late Paul Allen's yacht. Mr Allen did plenty of "good" while on this earth and his numerous charitable entities are still providing "goodness" for mankind, even in his death...

I think he gets a "pass"...

The late Paul Allen's yacht. Mr Allen did plenty of "good" while on this earth and his numerous charitable entities are still providing "goodness" for mankind, even in his death...

I think he gets a "pass"...

OK!

Bad engine room. Needs new fuel tanks. Too much of a project - not for me. However if you can pick it up for $70-80k then it might be worth it.

Found this 40' "diamond in the rough" on the Nordhavn brokerage page. Not much in details, but would be worth a look if one was willing to put in a little work:

https://nordhavn.com/brokerage/listings/pilgrim-progress-mkii-42-susan-marie/

Me-thinks it's overpowered and the fuel tanks are too small, but interesting anyways.

I looked at this one two years ago. Definitetly rough. The hull is (was?) sound but needed repainting everywhere. The interior was not done well in my opinion but servicable. Huge engine for the hull. The price has come down a lot but still not enough for the work I feel it needs.

Rob

Weird turn of events for this one! Im next to this boat now on the winter docks! Shes huge. I love the freeboard. I went inside too . VERY cool rig

Took a few pics tonight of Slow Lane (my rig) and Black Pearl (the DeFever 49).

Beautiful night in Boston....Perfectly clear skies and dead calm.

20191104_210239.jpg

20191104_210036.jpg

20191104_210013.jpg

Teak Trouble!!??

Today I did a quick (VERY QUICK) walkthrough of Black Pearl. I was pressed for time so I couldn't really "dig" into her properly.

First impressions: She was a dock queen for a long time. Probably was a liveaboard for the latter periods of her life.

Her exterior was tired and matte. But not so bad that you cringed by looking at her. Actually from my marina's boardwalk, which is only about 75 feet away she looks amazing. But when you're 5 feet away then you notice her scratches, dings, matte finish and old skin. LOL. But this old girl would be in her old glory again with some Botox and plastic surgery!!

Her interior is dated but VERY CLASSY. Even a young buck like me (38 years old) would be proud to live in there.

The salon is amazing. Spacious. Same with the galley.

The pilothouse is very cool. Very commanding view. The electronics are laughable.....but that's nothing a good $5-7k couldn't fix. Haha

I LOVE the side decks, foredeck and dingy space w crane.

Ill update soon with some solid critique of this beauty. Could be a very good deal for someone (like me!)…...

That's why Canada has restricted/limited access to medically assisted death.

And that’s in a thread on “interesting” boats - God help those with un-interesting boats

And that’s in a thread on “interesting” boats - God help those with un-interesting boats

Just a reaction to an earlier post that also had nothing to do with boats...easy to disregard and then it just fades away.

Last edited:
Ostentatious beyond concept! :nonono: Does create some employment though. :thumb: Seems the $325 M could be put to better use. :facepalm:

A guy living in south Sudan or many parts of south America on a buck a day could say the same thing about your little boat, careful when you tell someone they have too much.

A guy living in south Sudan or many parts of south America on a buck a day could say the same thing about your little boat, careful when you tell someone they have too much.

Correct. You and I have more than many in the world. Homeless person on the street sees us as rich. And in comparison... we are. However there is a term called the "tipping point", wherefrom too much is simply too much for us [you and me - or anyone] to rightfully own. Where that tipping point exists for each person is elusive for sure. But... when a pleasure boat with nearly uncountable periphery play toys is in the range of $325M... well, just sayen!

That said: On another post I was informed that $325M was owned by the late Paul Allen... who evidently was a great philanthropist. The reason I'd made my remark was because I'd figured that "toy ship" was owned by some oil mogul who could care less about the wellbeing of others. Seems I was incorrect.

I guess Paul Allen gets a pass on this one!

Back
Top Bottom