Volvo Circulating Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datenight

Guru
Vessel Name
Datenight
Vessel Make
North Pacific 45
Hello all,
Looking for a circulating pump for a Volvo Penta TMD22P. The part number is 21282005.

This is for my cousins Super Mamaru. The engine was just rebuilt and his "mechanic" says the pump is loose (whatever that means) and may fail in a year. He has been repeatedly charged for work (other than the engine) that was never done or done poorly. I do not trust this mechanic though Eamonn says he has been good to work with.

A look on line shows I can get the pump for $540.00 which seem high. I know Volvo values their parts but had hoped to find a better price. Does anyone have suggestions where I might look? A rebuild kit if available is also an option.

I will meet him at the boat in the Canary Islands in December. If anyone can can give me suggestions on how to tell if the pump is good I would be grateful. Obviously, no dripping water or able to grasp the pulley and wiggle it from side to side. I have replaced the circulating pump in a Perkins 6-354 and am pretty mechanical so not afraid to dive in.

Thanks,

Rob

https://www.parts4engines.com/
They have a pump for $180.
Take the belt off the pulley and try to wiggle the pump shaft up & down, right & left. There should be almost zero movement.
Sounds like your cousin likes to be taken for a ride, and his mechanic knows it.

https://www.parts4engines.com/
They have a pump for $180.
Take the belt off the pulley and try to wiggle the pump shaft up & down, right & left. There should be almost zero movement.
Sounds like your cousin likes to be taken for a ride, and his mechanic knows it.

Thank you Lepke, I will get right on it.

Not so much he gets taken for a ride, more that he has been in Switzerland for nearly 30 years and is used to people being honest and doing what they say.

Rob

It's also worth a call to Depco Pumps. They may be able to help with a rebuilt or other substitute pump. They are quite good.

It's also worth a call to Depco Pumps. They may be able to help with a rebuilt or other substitute pump. They are quite good.

Thank you, I will try them as well.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom