View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #12
Scary
Guru

City: Walnut Grove Ca
Vessel Name: Cary'D Away
Vessel Model: Hatteras 48 LRC
My house sold the first day

So getting rid of 45 years of stuff had to happen fast. I built a rolling shop in a 26' Wells Cargo Van, Gave away to friends the larger stationary tools. rented a storage unit and put most of my home furnishings in it. Filled two dumpsters with odds and ends and fortunately a friend allowed me to store a 12x40' portable building where I store the keepsakes and sporting equipment. My daughters are now using most of the furniture and household items so the storage unit is out of my life. The rolling shop was a stroke of genius as a man can't be without his tools. I keep a pretty complete set of tools on my boat so the trailer stays in storage and I use it as needed. It's totally self contained with electrical power and a air compressor. So I can work in it in anywhere. I gave away the washing drying machines and yard equipment as it cost more to store than replace. It only cost me a $1000 for the storage on household items until my daughters needed them so it worked out. Depending on the value of your property the storage could eat you up fast. Most of the live aboard boats I know of have a storage unit.
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote