Really good Racor service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Comodave

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Black Dog
Vessel Make
Formula 41PC
I decided to add the Racor priming pump to my Racor 900 filters. I don’t have a lot of room in the area that the filters are located and don’t want to try to fit another pump in an area that is pretty tight for servicing. The Racor pump only adds a little over 3” in height to the filter. In looking for a good price online I came across racorstore.com. They had the best price on the pump that I could find. They also had a couple of fittings that I needed. Their price on the fittings was $5.67 each. I found the same fittings online from $10 to $32.39. I ordered the pump and fittings late in the day Thursday and they were delivered today. Great service. No affiliation with them.

Can you link to what you actually bought? Is this a hand pump?

I too have used the racorstore.... but I have found better deals elsewhere too.

That's one thing about marine supplies...no one seems to have the lowest price on everything.

The pump is an RKP-1912 in 12 volt version. It is an electric pump. Hook it to a momentary switch and it will fill the Racor and then the secondaries. My secondaries take about 75 pumps each to bleed the filters. They also make the pump in a 24 volt version.

Dave,

I have not installed it yet, but reading the directions it looks really easy to install. Of course my Racor is new so there isn’t any fuel to get all over me when I take it apart. President installed 900FG Racors and I found a couple of brand new 900MAs on ebay so I picked them up a while ago. I will install the port one when I have the port engine out this winter in order to replace the port fuel tank. Then do the starboard side next year when I do that fuel tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom