Newbee to the Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Joe

Vessel Name
Audrey Marie
Vessel Make
Egg Harbor
Hi All, I just joined the forum and was hoping to get some insight. I am considering selling my 33Ft Egg Harbor and moving to trawler life. I have been looking at used Trawlers for quite some time but am not seeing what I want. Trying to find one with a center bed, mid or aft cabin and still have a decent size cockpit and salon and separate galley without going into 50 or 60 footer. Not that I can't handle large boats. I ran a 95 footer for 15 years and a 120 footer deep sea fishing boat. The fact is the larger the boat the fewer places to dock at marinas here in the North East. So thanks for having be aboard and looking forward to the forum.

Welcome. Have you looked at any DeFever 48’s or 49’s?

Hi All, I just joined the forum and was hoping to get some insight. I am considering selling my 33Ft Egg Harbor and moving to trawler life. I have been looking at used Trawlers for quite some time but am not seeing what I want. Trying to find one with a center bed, mid or aft cabin and still have a decent size cockpit and salon and separate galley without going into 50 or 60 footer. Not that I can't handle large boats. I ran a 95 footer for 15 years and a 120 footer deep sea fishing boat. The fact is the larger the boat the fewer places to dock at marinas here in the North East. So thanks for having be aboard and looking forward to the forum.

Welcome aboard.

First thing I'd do to help understand my needs and desires is state firmly what it is about the Egg Harbor I don't like and what I like most about it. That will sure help you decided where to start looking and whether a trawler or another style is what you really want.

Welcome aboard. Have fun during your boat search, enjoy.

Welcome Aboard !! You can easily find a boat that checks all your boxes at around 38 feet. You may want more space for any number of reasons but you can start your search small. You are right about longer boats needing more dock space,( read more $$$).

Send us a few pictures and we will evaluate the hell out of all choices!

pete

Thanks everyone. What I don't like about my Egg is it's gasoline. I have one station on the fly bridge and it's a bit hard to dock single handed due to the controls are on the fly bridge. Also the v bert is short and the wife has a hard time making it up dueto the mattress goes from hull to hull. Not a walk around. I do like the galley down and the saloon area. It doesn't have a 2nd cabin either which I want. I haven't looked at a DeFever yet.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Seems you know what you don't like which is an extremely good start. Best of success in your hunt...

200.webp

Not one of Jerry's kid but I knew him and yes took out a couple his Yankee boats. Also helped out Gregg on the Captain. Small world.

Welcome aboard! Our wants were a lot like yours and we found it in a boat that is not really a trawler but we run it like one at 7 to 8 knots tops. We get 5 months to use it and no intention of doing the loop so gas is working fine for us. Fuel is a insignificant part of boat ownership if long distances are not in your plans. Enjoy the hunt!

Back
Top Bottom