Sideshift bow thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slowasyougo

Just purchased the boat and was going to have bow thruster installed. Florida Thruster gave me a price of $13,600 when I was expecting something less than 10,000. Looking at a Sideshift bow thruster for less than $5000 with more or less easy installation. Does anyone have experience using this and does it interfere with anchoring?

I don’t have any experience with them, but I don’t think I could put one on my boat because I don’t think that they look good. Have you looked at Exturn thrusters? What type of boat do you have? I put a Side Power stern thruster on my boat and eventually want a bow thruster but I don’t have room for a tunnel. The Exturn mounts on the keel and is very easy to install. Just one large hole and a couple of smaller holes and the electrical hook up. Simple less than a day install.

I don’t have any experience with them, but I don’t think I could put one on my boat because I don’t think that they look good. Have you looked at Exturn thrusters? What type of boat do you have? I put a Side Power stern thruster on my boat and eventually want a bow thruster but I don’t have room for a tunnel. The Exturn mounts on the keel and is very easy to install. Just one large hole and a couple of smaller holes and the electrical hook up. Simple less than a day install.
We have one, and all you state is absolutely spot on.

Amazon has 1 in stock right now: retail $11,600, but you can buy it now on Prime for $5500.

Go get it now.

Attachments

• 5FE82D46-8A21-46BE-BECD-C9EC6A03FE33.jpg
    5FE82D46-8A21-46BE-BECD-C9EC6A03FE33.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 63
Install took is 1 weekend- the weekend included bottom paint

I prewired the electrical setup a couple of days before the haulout. 100% do it yourself.

Hi,

Did you ever install a Sideshift bow thruster?

The Exturn is not for me as it extends the draft.

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom