Goodbye, Center Console

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BroadCove

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Say Goodbye
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
Hello, all. Grew up sailing off California, spent the last 17 years boating in and around Casco Bay, Maine, first in a 20' Grady White and for the last 13 season in a 26' Pacific (aluminum center console). It was the perfect boat to beach with the family on the islands of southern Maine.

Kids are now grown (mostly) and away at school or out in the world, and we've relocated back to Virginia where work has always been for me.

Been a subscriber to PassageMaker for years, and looking forward to shopping for my first trawler this spring. I'm sure I'll be back with questions in the not too distant future.

Really enjoyed reading the intro post on the various aspects of this board; been involved in my fair share of anchor talk! Looking forward to never again participating in a "flushing the outboard" discussion on The Hull Truth...

Welcome aboard. We love our trawler but I do miss my center console. But my wife said I could not keep 3 boats so I jad to sell it. Good luck with your search.

Hah, funny, I still have a small Whaler...so next boat would have been three (not including unpowered vessels)!

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Outboard's done!

200.webp

I prefer to count motors rather than boats. I'm at 2 outboards, 2 diesel inboards and a diesel generator.

I prefer to count motors rather than boats. I'm at 2 outboards, 2 diesel inboards and a diesel generator.

LOL...I count family Horsepowers. Between the boat and a few cars, I'm at 1140!!

I'm at 2 diesel inboards, a diesel generator, two outboards at 40hp each. Plus 3 cars

We had some great times on center consoles. The ability to anchor in shallow, tight spots along the coast and jump in with surfboards was a blast.

I'm at 2 diesel inboards, a diesel generator, two outboards at 40hp each. Plus 3 cars

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Each boat fills a purpose. The key is for you to own the boats, and go too far where the boats own you. :)

I add my welcome aboard. I think I may be at the mid point between downsizing from my GB42 to a center console someday. My next door neighbor is about to by a CC, and with him knowing NOTHING nautical, I have a feeling I will get a few rides on it.:eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom