Here We Go Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wifey B: Minshew Mania in Jacksonville. :)

Dude will fit in well here - looks quite the red neck!

Good game tonight against Mariota. Nine sacks! Sacksonville is back!

Dude will fit in well here - looks quite the red neck!

Good game tonight against Mariota. Nine sacks! Sacksonville is back!

Wifey B: And your Jags need to keep Jalen Ramsey and trade Tom Coughlin. Marrone and Ramsey were fine afterwards but the things Coughlin said to him are what pushed it over the edge. :ermm:

Antonio Brown, what a fall from grace, and a right embarrassment for the Pats!

SOOOOO which one of these teams will pick up Kaepernick

Nobody. His last season showed a marked decrease in foot speed and accuracy. All sorts of over the hill NFL players have been shunned once they became uncoachable. It is a business. K got what he wanted; lots of money, fleeting football success, notoriety, love from many. All is good, let it be as the song goes

Wifey B: And your Jags need to keep Jalen Ramsey and trade Tom Coughlin. Marrone and Ramsey were fine afterwards but the things Coughlin said to him are what pushed it over the edge. :ermm:

So what did Coughlin say?

So what did Coughlin say?

Wifey B: Don't know, but whatever it was, Ramsey felt it was very disrespectful, so much that he no longer wanted to be there.

Here's the quote:

“Some disrespectful things were said on their end that made me definitely walk out and call my agent as soon as I walked out,” Ramsey told Burleson. “I said, ‘It’s time. My time is up here in Jacksonville.’ I said, ‘I want to ask for a trade.’ I was truly at peace, like I wasn’t in a mindset of making a decision while I was angry. I was completely calm. I still stand by that decision to ask for a trade.”

It was either Coughlin or Campbell but likely Coughlin. It was not Marrone. As to the sideline argument with Marrone, it was over Ramsey wanting him to throw the challenge flag on the catch by Hopkins. Both Marrone and Ramsey felt that was over when the game ended.

:popcorn:

Nobody. His last season showed a marked decrease in foot speed and accuracy. All sorts of over the hill NFL players have been shunned once they became uncoachable. It is a business. K got what he wanted; lots of money, fleeting football success, notoriety, love from many. All is good, let it be as the song goes

Wifey B: :eek: He had a passing rating of 90.7, above his career 88.9. He ran for 468 yards and averaged 6.8 yards per rush, better than his career number of 6.1 :confused:

His rating would make him the 21st best quarterback in the league today. I don't know what he could do today, but I do know what Fitzpatrick and Siemian and Trubisky and Cousins and Winston can do and it's not much. He's the perfect sub for Cam Newton with same style and skillset. :)

Lost interest in football when Stabler and company left/retired from the Oakland Raiders.

Lost interest in football when Stabler and company left/retired from the Oakland Raiders.

Wifey B: The snake left Oak the year I was born. And I thought Oakland had loyal fans. :rolleyes:

My poor Panthers had to go to a backup, undrafted free agent last year, he only threw for 4 TD in Cam's place today. :)

You gonna root for the Vegas Raiders? I think they should be called the Vegans.

Wifey B: I wish we had a professional football team in South Florida. :rolleyes:;)

They're doing the Tua Tank.

Those were the days, Mark. Raiders with Kenny in the lead populating the Spangers bar until way into the wee hours Saturday night and showing up Sunday to kick tail.

I am new here.... so I won't get too deep into the Kaepernick fuss. Enough to say I served (21 yrs) during that time I may or may not have liked who was my commander in chief during my service, But I respected the office. Therefore I abided by his orders and did my duty.

Kap could have done the same and abided by the protocol of standing for our anthem, Then he could have stayed in the NFL and used his position to state his cause much louder and more often (every Sunday) in post game interviews just by wearing a tee shirt for his causes as an example. He spilt his team, cause dissention in the rank and file membership of the league, alienated fans and angered sponsors and he and his causes are no better off today then they were before he took a stand.

That said I am glad that he has the right to free speech.

As for Football...…. 6 rings baby......Born in NE and will die in NE.

I am new here.... so I won't get too deep into the Kaepernick fuss. Enough to say I served (21 yrs) during that time I may or may not have liked who was my commander in chief during my service, But I respected the office. Therefore I abided by his orders and did my duty.

Kap could have done the same and abided by the protocol of standing for our anthem, Then he could have stayed in the NFL and used his position to state his cause much louder and more often (every Sunday) in post game interviews just by wearing a tee shirt for his causes as an example. He spilt his team, cause dissention in the rank and file membership of the league, alienated fans and angered sponsors and he and his causes are no better off today then they were before he took a stand.

That said I am glad that he has the right to free speech.

As for Football...…. 6 rings baby......Born in NE and will die in NE.

Wifey B: Do you like getting sex in Asian Massage Parlors or is that just your team owner? :rofl:

Wifey B: Do you like getting sex in Asian Massage Parlors or is that just your team owner? :rofl:

He said he served 21 years so I suspect that he has been around... :D

LaserJock, :iagree: been there done that, some CiC you grinned and bore it, some had are backs.
K got his 15 min of fame and more money than most people could ever imagine.
I hope now he can get on with life. If he wants to take a knee visit Arlington.

I truly do appreciate the NFL! Nothing clears the AICW on a Sunday like the NFL. Corporation Washington playing corporation Philadelphia, etc. Saw this in the grocery store the other day and wonder how brainwashed you had to be to pay extra for chips with you team logo.

View attachment 93800

The absolute best boating day of the year is super bowl Sunday. On the East coast, it's a night game and the possessed masses can't even think straight enough in the morning to go boating. I never really appreciated the NFL till I boated on super bowl Sunday. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Ted

Darn, I think in just opened the wrong door again thinking this was TF. Where's the moderator? I will also redeem this offense by mentioning boating.

Being in FL, it has been my long time tradition to enjoy a day going to the barrier island free of most any other boats on Super Bowl Sunday and kicking back with nary a whisper of the NFL to passing my ears. I don't ever even let the Army-Navy game nonsense intrude on my equanimity (USNA grad)!

I put Kap and a most all other loudmouth politically opinionated celebrities - including that rude, obnoxious, arrogant, hectoring Swedish kid - in generally the same category. What on earth have any of them ever accomplished in life that I would pay any attention whatsoever to anything they have to say?

Now back to boats. Dipping into this forum category is almost never a good idea.

Darn, I think in just opened the wrong door again thinking this was TF. Where's the moderator? I will also redeem this offense by mentioning boating.

Being in FL, it has been my long time tradition to enjoy a day going to the barrier island free of most any other boats on Super Bowl Sunday and kicking back with nary a whisper of the NFL to passing my ears. I don't ever even let the Army-Navy game nonsense intrude on my equanimity (USNA grad)!

In case you have thick thumbs - you are not in a boating sub forum.!

We find that watching college football satisfies all of our previous pro football needs.

We find that watching college football satisfies all of our previous pro football needs.

Couldn’t agree more. The games are more exciting as well.

It sez Trawler Forum when it comes unwanted to my email with other wanted TF posts. You figure it out.

It sez Trawler Forum when it comes unwanted to my email with other wanted TF posts. You figure it out.

I would have thought that if you don't want to see these threads then you need to figure it out, not me.

I would have thought that if you don't want to see these threads then you need to figure it out, not me.

Maybe so, but I have been here a long time and never saw non-trawler related threads allowed before. So if I get upset, well, I get upset. I guess I will find a way to block harbor chat because politics, finance (unless specifically about a boat), and especially sports are not things I want funneled to my email.

Last edited:
I figured it out. I get a digest version of new posts weekly, and the topics have to be clicked on before I would see the particular forum to which they belong, and to be frank, I never check that out and never noted the fact that Harbor Chat is non-boating - got added in later years I guess. It is now ignored so will not be seen by me again. I get cranky after a day in the heart cath lab, and not as the doc either. So chat away enjoying the rights some of us fought for.

Wifey B: Minshew Mania in Jacksonville. :)
Minshew is a gutty brawler with a chip on his shoulder. What he lacks in talent, size etc he makes up for in grit, confidence and determination to prove the naysayers wrong.

Wifey B: Oh and I'd not give anything to many of the NFL owners after knowing about their character and their views.

So, that said, I want the best players. I'm not into judging their political or social views. I'll just crimes they commit and disqualify them on that basis. I don't know them well enough to just choose the "good guys". I would put viciously beating spouses and girl friends below kneeling for whatever reason. I'd consider the workplace misconduct of Jerry Richardson, who was then forced to sell the Panthers, very severe.

Charles Barkley once said something that was horribly misinterpreted and was very poignant. It was in reference to athletes having a responsibility to be role models. He said that parents should never leave that up to athletes or celebrities but they should be the role models for their kids.

I watch television, sports, and movies and I know very little personally about most of the stars. I'm sure I'd be disgusted by a lot of them. Instead though, I just follow them in their profession. I shop in stores where the owners or CEO's disgust me, but I don't hold that against all the employees.

My husband is far more likely to know the business practices of owners and hold that against them. We are very offended by the shenanigans involving the Miami Marlins and their new stadium and their every changing ownership so we don't go. However, we're against public contribution to any professional sports teams stadiums and arenas. At the very least it should be taxable income to the owner. :ermm:

I know Tom Brady is the best QB ever to play the game. I know his wife is gorgeous. I know nothing about his character. I only know one NFL player personally and he's so much better as a person than his public persona. So, I do cheer him on.

My favorite baseball player until his retirement this year was Adrian Beltre, but because the dude was respected by his teammates, was a potential hall of famer, and one of the funniest guys around. So, watch a little Adrian to lighten things up. Too bad umpire had no sense of humor.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're right but this is still the Trawler Forum. Non boating topics are allowed but...

Harbor Chat Posting Rules and Guidelines

Friendly, professional, informal exchange of "NON-boating" topics. Political comments, government policy, weaponry, religious and social issue discussions are off-limits in this forum.

Back
Top Bottom