View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 11:33 PM   #1
hpais

City: Issaquah
Newbie in Issaquah, WA - Seattle/Puget Sound

Hello there,

I'm a newbie to this forum, I just discovered it while looking for info on a wooden GB42 that I saw for sale in Port Townsend.

Not new to trawlers, though. In 2002 I started the build of a Bruce Roberts Euro 1200, powered by a Cummins 6CT depowered to 200HP, all in steel. She was finished in 2004 and we cruised in the Brazilian coast between Angra dos Reis and Santos until 2008. We built her while dreaming of going to Antartica. She has 800nm in range with her 800 liter diesel tank and 1lph consumption at 6kt.

We had been using other types of powerboats - Bayliners mostly, up until 2016, when I moved to Canada, and almost immediately to the Puget Sound area...

My dream boat is a Nordhavn 43, whilst I'm sure I would be very happy in an older well kept Bayliner 3788, or a GB36, or some FRP 36 ft with two cabins...

Anyhow, once a Trawler owner, you're always wanting to go back. Perhaps iI'll charter something around Anacortes/Bellingham/Vancouver next summer, and plan on the next boat. Perhaps the last.

It's great to be here. From reading and perusing the forum, there's a lot of knowledge and generosity in the people who frequent it.
hpais is offline   Reply With Quote