View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
RonR
Guru

City: Everett WA.
Vessel Name: Triton
Vessel Model: 48' Golden Egg Harbor
Our new Egg

Well after the last 9 months of boat shopping we finally made a purchase. What started out as a hunt for a nice clean Bayliner 3288 or 3888 and then made a turn for CHB Trawlers and a look at a beautiful Ocean Alexander (still one of my favorite boats) has come to an end.

We ended up North at Bananabeltboats (Amy is the best). And fell in love with a 40' Egg Harbor, it was a bit out of our price range so we kept looking. And then we found this 1971 Egg Harbor 33'. She has a short list of needed repairs and upgrades from the Survey completed by Charles Solarek (top notch man). But it has had a major refit including new engines, rebuilt trans, shafts, props, new vacuflush head, and a total rewire. The boats exterior has been well maintained and it has been under cover most of its life. The icing on the cake was that it came with a nice tender and a covered slip in the Port of Everett (2-3 year wait list). This year of Egg Harbor was its first year of a glass hull but it still retains a wood top. Its gas powered by twin 5.7's. It did not meet everything on my list as my list included owning that Ocean Alexander, but it did check most of my boxes and all but one of the wifes. I would like to thank everyone who gave us tips/advise along the way. We plan on getting a few items off the check list soon and get it out on the water for some end of season Salmon fishing. We are also planning a few trips up the San Juans and South Sound this spring. The Egg Harbors are rare on the West Coast, I have been told this is one of only 4 in the Port of Everett's 2300 boat fleet.
Attached Thumbnails
egg3.jpg   egg2.jpg   eggs.jpg   egg.jpg  
RonR is offline   Reply With Quote