Thread: Safes on Boats
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #12
Pete Meisinger
Guru

City: Oconto, WI
Vessel Name: Best Alternative
Vessel Model: 36 Albin Aft Cabin
I sort of have a hobby of making hiding places from ordinary objects so I have several on my boat. Some are big enough for a pistol though I generally don't carry any weapons on board beyond my freon horn and a longer barreled flare gun.

A thick, boring sounding book is easily hollowed out. There are fake oil, shave cream and other cans with screw on tops available from Amazon. I have emptied out and removed everything from a 12 volt battery and lined it with leather. The options are endless.

However, I agree with the majority. There are thousands of hiding places on a boat. In fact my P.O. tried to disguise an odor problem rather than source it out and fix it. He had put literally a bale of cedar chips under the master berth. They had long since lost their aroma but little by little they filtered through the cracks into the bilge. Turns out they were behind the bath tub, under false floors in closets, etc., etc. After I found them all I joked that drug intervention people should have been consulted, they could probably still find more.

pete
Pete Meisinger is offline   Reply With Quote