View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
mvweebles
Guru

City: Saint Petersburg
Vessel Name: Weebles
Vessel Model: 1970 Willard 36 Trawler
Restored Willard 36 Trawler - bargain $38k

I have no financial interest in this boat whatsoever, however I moderate the Willard Boat Owners Group on Yahoo so have almost 25-years of Willard experience.

Pictures do not do this boat justice. The owner, who 'crossed the bar' a few months ago, was legendary in the SF Bay Area for meticulous restorations of cars and this boat. When I saw it 20-years ago, I was in awe of the caprail, which was totally redone in teak. To say it's a labor of love is a gross understatement.

Sisterships to Nokken have made trips to Hawaii burning 335 gallons of diesel, the Galapogas Islands, and through the Panama Canal - all before Nordhavn was even conceived. Willard 36's are the original production trawler - a Bill Garden design with full displacement and 7000-lbs of ballast.

My only interest in this boat is the hope that she finds a remarkable owner to join the close-knit community of Willard owners. Interested parties should contact the email address in the URL attached.

8-bells to Vern Neff. Do not let the price of $38k scare you into believing this is an old, low-quality boat. My opinion is this is a remarkable opportunity to own a beautiful example of a trawler designed by one of the most respected naval architects to have bent over a drafting table.

Richmond Yacht Club - Boats for Sale

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nokken2.jpg
Views:	1063
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	93455