New To The Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leonard Atkins

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Dream Come True
Vessel Make
2000 Rosborough RF-246 & 2018 18' Carolina Skiff Center Console
Hello to all. Have enjoyed reading your postings and wanted to introduce myself as we start our retirement.

While we have been boating local New York/Vermont inland rivers/canals/lakes for 34 years we now have the opportunity to travel more extensively in 2020. We purchased our "retirement boat"; a 2000 Rosborough RF-246 back in 2006 and have enjoyed many weekend and summer trips. Our plan is to leave in June with our new Black Lab and come back.........when we get tired.

Leonard

Hi, Leonard! Glad to see you here. You need to slap that Rosborough on a trailer and head this way for a pleasant cruise along the Gulf Coast, just as soon as we get rid of this exhausting, soul-sapping heat and humidity.

Or haul it over to Washington next May or so, and do the Inside Passage!

Welcome aboard. We also have a black lab, Radar. He loves going boating.

The trailer transport is definitely an option we would like to explore. Being located along the Hudson River we have a few extra miles to explore in both Canada and US.

Leonard
Welcome aboard TF
Lots of great cruising in the NE
I would say don't go too far until you have explored the many possibilities we have in out backyards.

If I was you, I'd trailer that bad boy out to the California Delta and enjoy some calm, benign fresh waters with no alligators, humidity, boat traffic or storms.

Welcome aboard!!

If I was you, I'd trailer that bad boy out to the California Delta and enjoy some calm, benign fresh waters with no alligators, humidity, boat traffic or storms.

Welcome aboard!!

And enjoy the local wines and its placid waters.

Attachments

• IMG_2062.jpg
    IMG_2062.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Waters to the west of the Delta can be rough, but anchoring on sunken Mildred Island is calm.

Attachments

• IMG_2029.jpg
    IMG_2029.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2013.jpg
    IMG_2013.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom