Helmsman in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calibre

Hi, I'm new to the Forum. We are the representative for Helmsman Trawlers in Western Canada. Someone was asking if Helmsman were cheaper in Canada due to the lower duties. The short answer is yes, but not the difference between the 27% that an American will pay and the 9.5% that a Canadian does.

American legislation allows claw back for American content, like engines, electronics etc. The Canadian government does not. For more information with the CBSA Bulletins that outline this, please email me richard@calibreyachts.ca and i will forward them to you.

Hi, I'm new to the Forum. We are the representative for Helmsman Trawlers in Western Canada. Someone was asking if Helmsman were cheaper in Canada due to the lower duties. The short answer is yes, but not the difference between the 27% that an American will pay and the 9.5% that a Canadian does.

American legislation allows claw back for American content, like engines, electronics etc. The Canadian government does not. For more information with the CBSA Bulletins that outline this, please email me richard@calibreyachts.ca and i will forward them to you.

Welcome and thanks for the information!

Back
Top Bottom