View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 07:11 PM   #6
HeadMistress
Guru

City: AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartracer View Post
I want to install a complete system that is safe to dump over board, black water, tired of going to pump out. I am looking at a Ahead System made in Louisiana. This system uses 110 volt power and chemicals must be added. What other systems does anyone have or is out there, trying to stay with 110 volt.
There are two types of USCG certified (iow, approved) treatment devices. Boats <66' may use a Type I, which includes the Raritan ElectroScan (current version of the Lectra/San) ElectroScan promo sheet and PuraSan Raritan PuraSan Promo Sheet both of which need only 12, 24 or 32v power (depending on which is on your boat). Boats 66' and up need a Type II. The Ahead system is a Type II, which makes it overkill for your 45' boat--a lot more complex, requiring a lot more maintenance and a LOT more expensive!

I'd go with the PuraSan because it works equally well in both salt and fresh water (the ElectroScan needs salt to create the chlorine it uses to treat the waste and also requires more maintenance). And because you're likely to find yourself in a "no discharge" marina or harbor (Destin Harbor is one) where you'll have no choice but to use your holding tank, I'd also go with Raritan's Hold 'n' Treat Controls Raritan HoldnTreat controls--JUST the controls, not the complete Hold 'n' Treat tank and treatment device package because you already have a holding tank. That gives you the ability to empty the tank through the PuraSan instead of having to use a pumpout once you're out of the NDZ and back into waters where the discharge of treated waste is legal.

If you'd like some help working out the details for installing it in YOUR boat, give me a shout...I'll be glad to help you get it all right the first time.

--Peggie
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote