004 with teak window frames

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capitaine R

Vessel Name
Charlie Noble
Vessel Make
32 Nordic Tug
Our newly purchased, but older 32 Nordic Tug has teak framed windows all around. But the saloon side windows open inward and hook to the saloon ceiling. While searching for the correct way to refinish the windows we also look at lots of pictures of older and newer 32s. We have never come across another 32 NT with these type of windows. Has any one ever come across another NT with these type windows.?

Attachments

• AAAAAAAA 151.jpg
    AAAAAAAA 151.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 122
Congrats on your new boat. I am surprised that the windows are like that, it seems that they would be prone to leaking. Any signs of leaks so far? I think that even if they have not leaked yet that I would be looking to replace them with something like Diamond Seaglaze or the like. Your boat is too nice to have them leak and ruin the interior.

That's amazing, what a lucky find! Sounds like somebody did them custom.
We just did custom windows for our GB42 the exact same way. They are fantastic. No sliding tracks to get gunked up, no drain channels to clog, and no seam where the two panes slide against each other. They also open all the way to let in max air-flow.
And no, they don't leak, just like our hatches don't leak (which seal the exact same way, an EPDM gasket in compression).
You can see a comparison of our before (left) and after (right) from the outside, as well as what it looks like from the inside before the walls were repainted.

I can't say how you'd refinish them since they're probably a custom job. But I'd be interested to hear if anybody else has the same type of windows going on.

Attachments

• First aft window installed.jpg
    First aft window installed.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Final Product.jpg
    Final Product.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 107
Surprisingly the saloon windows do not leak. We do have a leaker in the pilot house in one of the front non opening windows. Living in Florida we are going to have to think seriously about leakage and what we want to do to avoided it. It's called the Sunshine State but whomever named it didn't live here in the rainy season.

I like the nice clean look of your new windows. No screws showing makes for a much more modern look.
Everyone so far, especially my wife likes
the look of the teak so it is most likely staying. She has even volunteered to refinish all the outside teak and make sun covers for the windows and hand holds.

Back
Top Bottom