Furuno Navpilot 700 Autopilot Install?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualund1981

Vessel Name
Aqualund
Vessel Make
42 Grand Banks Classic
Installing a new Furuno Navpilot 700 Autopilot system to replace old Simrad Robertson.
Having some confusion with the wiring of the PG-700 heading sensor due to conflicts in the wiring diagram. Wire color do not match.
Has anybody installed one of these and is the issue NEMA0183 vs NEMA2000?

Call Furuno in Baltimore tomorrow 410-479-4420
They are in my experience extremely helpful.

I recently sold the same AP to a client who had the same question during his install. Instead of being in the middle, I had him contact Furuno support. Furuno answered clients question and offered additional install and set up tips.

Client just returned from a 2 month cruise to Spider Island, BC and reported complete satisfaction with the AP in all conditions. He has a Sonship 55 and his previous AP was a Robertson AP25.

Last edited:
I might be able to help if you can be more specific about the question. I had a NavPilot 700 on my last boat and was very pleased with it, but didn't have a PG700. Regardless, interfacing will be via 0183 or N2K. The AP supports both, and I *think* the PG does as well, so it might just be a matter of choosing which you want to use.

I might be able to help if you can be more specific about the question. I had a NavPilot 700 on my last boat and was very pleased with it, but didn't have a PG700. Regardless, interfacing will be via 0183 or N2K. The AP supports both, and I *think* the PG does as well, so it might just be a matter of choosing which you want to use.
The PG700 is nmea2000.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom