inverter troubleshooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeoKa

Guru
Vessel Name
Ironsides
Vessel Make
54' Bruce Roberts steel sailboat hull, coastal LRC, 220HP CAT 3306.
Gents.

Can someone help me to troubleshoot my Magnum PureSine 2812 inverter/charger?
I just want to decide, if it is worth to purchase boards (expensive), or just sell it for parts?
It was water damaged.

Thanks.

Why would one knowingly sell a defective item?

If it has been water damaged, and you value 120vac power while on the hook, I would recommend replacing with a new unit.

Why would one knowingly sell a defective item?

If it has been water damaged, and you value 120vac power while on the hook, I would recommend replacing with a new unit.

I did. I have a new one in place already. I just hate throw away things.

Ah, males more sense now.

An inverter is worth some decent $$ if you take it apart and go to a scrapyard for metals. Maybe 2 hours worth of putzing.
Lots of copper, some brass, and aluminum.
I got close to $45 for mine a few years ago.

EBAY with full disclosure. Lots of stuff sold for parts.

EBAY with full disclosure. Lots of stuff sold for parts.

Yes, that was my second thought, as well. It would be nice to know what part is dead, so I could set the price accordingly.
There is one on eBay now with dead FET board, which is around 700 bucks new. This does not leave much wiggle room on the price.
However, if it is just a fuse, or other small part; the asking price can be much higher.
That was the purpose of my original posting.

I would be interested in buying it if you decide to sell it. I like tinkering around with broken stuff.

I would be interested in buying it if you decide to sell it. I like tinkering around with broken stuff.

Sure. Send me a pm and we can talk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom