View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 06:44 PM   #2
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brockerts View Post
My insurance carrier is asking for a Hurricane Plan. I've taken my sailboat plan and modified it. A few questions.
Has anyone every been asked for this before?
I'm looking to insure a 48 Carver Californian that has a Bimini over the upper helm. On my sailboat I remove that. I'm think to do the same for the carver.
What do people do with the isinglass around the back sun decks that have a hard top? Do you remove it?
The rest is mostly stand stuff, lines, chafe protection, close seakcocks, check bilge pump, etc

Joe
Everyone is asked for it. Everyone's is different. The one thing I emphasize is to make sure you word it as just a plan but no promises. Ours reads, "We may consider....., we may consider....., we may consider...." but it makes it clear we may not do any of those things. In fact, the most likely thing we'll do is check the lines, add where we feel needed, and leave it right where it is. So a part of our plan is describing where the boat is normally docked.

With some, their plan is to head elsewhere. That's fine, but understand may not be possible when the time comes so be sure you're not committing or promising.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote