Smiled To Myself Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Taking Sonas over to the yard tomorrow to be hauled on Tuesday.

Just the usual stuff, bottom paint, gel coat chips fixed, teak replaced on the swim platform, through hulls all checked and lubed while on the hard, new clothes washer installed, etc. etc.

While did I smile? Only in Florida would it be seen as acceptable to get the haul and work done in August, middle of the boating season for many! But with a heat index in the low hundreds why not! :)

Then we have her for the fall and spring - Jax air and sea show end of October, Cumberland Island weekends and St Augustine Nights of Lights in November, and considering a two week trip down (actually up) the St John's in December or January!

Then looking at a south west Florida cruise in February-March next year as our Bahamas cruise is going to be in June-July next year. So would rather not lose her for three weeks in the fall or spring - getting it done now!

I'm thinking not many here are voluntarily hauling in August!

Last edited:
This is true. I'm hauling out in mid september for pretty much the same reasons.

Well, that and it's been four years, 2 months since my last bottom job. My diver is getting grumpy. Guess I'm due.

For major work like bottom painting, our yard gives discounts for selecting off months like August.

For major work like bottom painting, our yard gives discounts for selecting off months like August.

Yep. But not really the driving force - just doing it while we are not using the boat!

Back
Top Bottom