External holding tank sender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Hey All,

I've seen a few posts in the past for a holding tank monitor system that attaches to the outside of the tank but I can't recall the brand. I looked on the googlie but didn't see it. Anyone got a link?

Thanks,
Doug

Ferriello is a great guy, I had one of his in-tank solutions. The side-of-the-tank unit only works on plastic tanks IIRC.

SCAD is a private label brand of the Profile systems...ferriellosales.com is the mfr, who sells direct for a lower price. If you're replacing a SeaLand TankWatch, the wiring for it will work with the Profile gauges.

--Peggie

Look up SensaTank. I have one on my Grand Banks 42. Practical Sailor gives it a top review too. Great tech support. Works on plastic tanks only. Online prices are good too.

SCAD is a private label brand of the Profile systems...ferriellosales.com is the mfr, who sells direct for a lower price. If you're replacing a SeaLand TankWatch, the wiring for it will work with the Profile gauges.--Peggie
The info above is absolutely correct and I have used one on my last boat and my present boat for 4 years now. No problems!!!

Attachments

• Scad.jpg
    Scad.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 86
Raritan also make one - has worked well for many years until I accidentally destroyed the tank monitor kit getting a battery out :blush: - just in the process of buying a replacement kit from our local distributor.

I also recently installed the SCAD external sensor to replace a problematic dip tube setup. My only issue has been calibration, I screwed it up the first few empty/full cycles. If you read the manual, you’ll be fine. If you leave the manual at home and try to remember what button calibrates what from memory, well I will and did screw that up every time!

My only other comment on the SCAD system is the calibration/setup buttons. I wish they were harder to get to. My 5 and 7 year old have tiny cute fingers that can push them really easily. Even though we’ve talked to them about what not to push, sometimes little fingers just can’t resist!

The holding tank foil strips and level monitor for our SCAD system, purchased from Ferriello sales.

Attachments

• Holding tank foils 1.JPG
    Holding tank foils 1.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Gumbo Holding tank monitor panel.JPG
    Gumbo Holding tank monitor panel.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
You are better off buying the SCAD system directly from Bill Ferriello. He provides outstanding personal service and you save a few bucks too.

I have my Black Water going into a fiberglass tank.
Currently, the boat is set up with float switches (3 of them) to monitor low, medium and high levels but they get stuck sometimes.
Any thoughts on an better system to monitor the level?
Thank you,
Taras

I have my Black Water going into a fiberglass tank....Any thoughts on an better system to monitor the level?

The Profile system Profile Tank Monitors has senders for all tank materials.

And btw, Cal...Feriello's first name is Dennis.

--Peggie

You can also look at the Gobius tank monitor system. Products - Gobius

I was looking at gobius and noticed they have a new model, named gobius pro with a very interesting feature. Senders have Bluetooth feature that allow to monitor directly from a phone or tablet. Makes the install even easier.

L

My only other comment on the SCAD system is the calibration/setup buttons. I wish they were harder to get to. My 5 and 7 year old have tiny cute fingers that can push them really easily. Even though we’ve talked to them about what not to push, sometimes little fingers just can’t resist!

What??? You let children aboard!!!

Raritan also make one - has worked well for many years until I accidentally destroyed the tank monitor kit getting a battery out :blush: - just in the process of buying a replacement kit from our local distributor.

I posted this a couple of days ago and it has been totally ignored....humpf.......stuff the lot of them I started to think.................If they don`t like my contribution or at least acknowledge it ...........well they then they can stick it up their..............I thought.....I`ll just keep quiet, get my replacement tank module kit from the Aust distributor of Raritan and build a bridge.

It arrived - aluminium strip, little box with wires and two copper tabs and some cable joiners - $255.96...no not a typo , no not fake news $255.96..........jeeze louise is that a rip off or what!!!, esp when I see the same (or pretty close) item advertised for under $50 from one of the suppliers mentioned during the discussion.

No bl%*dy wonder Raritan wasn`t mentioned...sorry guys for thinking dark thoughts about you.

I posted this a couple of days ago and it has been totally ignored....humpf.......stuff the lot of them I started to think.................If they don`t like my contribution or at least acknowledge it ...........well they then they can stick it up their..............I thought.....I`ll just keep quiet, get my replacement tank module kit from the Aust distributor of Raritan and build a bridge.

LOL, when you lose your anchor we'll let you know the best anchor to replace it with for 1/10th of the cost. Of course, we'll let you know right after you pay for your replacement. ;-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom