New to TF and boating as well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AsheL

Vessel Name
Kama Hele
Vessel Make
Litton Universal
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ashe and i own the Kama Hele, now registered out of MB SC. She has been in much better shape in the past and I am hoping to bring her back to her old glory. She is a Litton Universal 36' Double Cabin. Lots of projects in the near future. Im a liveaboard that plans to start devoting a couple months a year to going on the hook in the GL and Bahamas.
Ill be reading about everything everyone els has done to try to get my own ship up to par to enjoy life at sea.

here is my laundry list of things to do :nonono:
1. completely repaint topside (lots of fairing needed), restain teak
2. bottom paint and hull
3. redo all thru hulls
4. rejuvinate generator (currently not ran in 3-4 years)
5. get inverter operable and 12v wiring redone to a few systems
6. gut salon area and put down vinyl plank floors in all rooms
7. completey redo roof frame and fiberglass
8. fix leaks on last 3 windows, maybe replace them all?!
9. lots of just general maint...

trying to find the mix between enjoying the boat and also fixing it. Want to cruise, but want to do it safely also.

trying to find the mix between enjoying the boat and also fixing it. Want to cruise, but want to do it safely also.

Aren't we all? :)

Good luck with the boat projects. Keep us posted on how they're coming along and your adventures.

John

Welcome Ashe, I am new here myself. I would prioritize 1: make it safe 2: make it seaworthy 3: make it functional. With our new to us boat we plan to regularly use it this season and next, then re-evaluate to make sure it is a keeper before investing too heavily in it.

Glad to be here and glad you are here too. Luckily it is safe right now for me, so im going with functional first, since it now my home after an easy divorce. Doing all labor myself so far so nothing is really a ton of money yet. Paint, fairing compound, sand paper (lots of that stuff!!) I figure if I spend about 5k a year on making it better it will still be one of the cheapest homes out there. Ill try to get some pics off my phone and start another thread with the work im doing soon.

Welcome aboard. I would prioritize your list for the most necessary items first and then fix things like the leaks to stop the problem from getting any worse. Good luck on your adventure.

Welcome. I'm in the upstate. Congrats on the boat and good luck with the projects.

You say you're new to boating. What made you decide to dive all in?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom