2006 Mainship 400 - Water Accumulator Leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
Hello,

Was down in the engine area of my new to me Mainship doing some strainer cleaning and I noticed the Jabsco Water accumulator (Model 30573)was leaking a little. Its leak lands right on the AC pump so thats not good.

Does anybody know if I can remove this unit and change out seals or O rings or maybe just tighten it up some?

Also looks like I need to re-do some "black tape type" wire splices!!!!! OUch

Attachments

• IMG_20190731_221716.jpg
    IMG_20190731_221716.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 51
Hello,

Was down in the engine area of my new to me Mainship doing some strainer cleaning and I noticed the Jabsco Water accumulator (Model 30573)was leaking a little. Its leak lands right on the AC pump so thats not good.

Does anybody know if I can remove this unit and change out seals or O rings or maybe just tighten it up some?

Also looks like I need to re-do some "black tape type" wire splices!!!!! OUch
A brand new unit can be had for $65. But, indeed, o-rings are less expensive if that is the problem.

I don't think there are seals or even a diaphram in that unit.

I would scrap it and install the largest well (potable water) accumulator you could find room for. 1 to 20 gallon .

It need not be in the present location .

There is a diaphram, and there may be seals. I haven't tried to take one apart; a new replacement is cheap enough that trying to repair doesn't meet my pain threshold. I dunno if there's a way to repair a diaphram anyway, if that's the problem.

Assuming QEST snap-in fittings, replacement takes about 5 minutes.

-Chris

I don't think there are seals or even a diaphram in that unit.

I would scrap it and install the largest well (potable water) accumulator you could find room for. 1 to 20 gallon .

It need not be in the present location .

I have both a 1 and a 20.
1 is in my boat and is the right size for that application.
20 is in my house and is the right size for that application.

I just replaced mine this spring. A small leak turned into a rupture about 2 inches long so it had to be replaced. Access is a little tight but it is a no-brainer to replace. You need to pull 2 u-shaped retainers from the QEST fittings (thanks Ranger Chris) to disconnect from the plumbing. Then the plumbing connection pulls right out. Replace with new and push the retainers back in and you're good to go, 5-10 minutes tops. Oh yeah, you may have to unscrew it from the bulkhead to get better access so add another 5 minutes if that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom