Maine New Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popcornlady

Hello All: I'm a Mainer, Mount Desert Island. 21 years ago my then young son and I lived for three years on a Chris Craft cruiser in the marina in Richmond California, but since then I've only gone out on short day cruises with friends, and not very frequently. I now have time to get back into boating and over the winter I will be looking to brush up on my nave skills and also search for a boat. I want it easy to single hand but big enough for me to sleep on. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Lynne

Welcome aboard. I am on MDI too (the other end of the island), but keep my boats in Southwest.

Thanks for being in touch. My goal is to buy a boat during the winter/early spring, and dock it at Dysarts for next summer. Lynne

Leaving Louisiana Tuesday heading to your area for the Lobster Fest in Rockland, but not in the boat.

Thanks for being in touch. My goal is to buy a boat during the winter/early spring, and dock it at Dysarts for next summer. Lynne

Any ideas what you want to do with or where you want to go with the boat? I take it that you will be a solo live aboard lady. In your area, I would consider a Downeast style cruiser around 30 to 35 feet with a solid fiberglass hull. There are usually many around New England area for sale. They are not usually maintenance hogs but do require tending to like most other fiberglass boats. I looked at one on craig's list not long ago for $20,000 and the guy could have probably been talked down.

I want it easy to single hand but big enough for me to sleep on. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Lynne
Hi Lynne:

Oh my, you are going to have so much fun looking for your boat!

I am curious, are you looking for a liveaboard boat that you can cruise to distant ports of call, spending many months aboard, or primarily a "weekend getaway" style of boat? Or do you plan to become a full time liveaboard again, remaining in Maine? Or perhaps you want to cruise to Florida in the winter and then back up to Maine for the summer?

There are many factors to consider when buying a "sleep on" boat, but you probably know most of them from your time spent living aboard 21 years ago.

The experts here can help you narrow your search if you would kindly provide more information about how you wish to use your boat.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley
Living aboard on the Tenn River
with 2 dogs & hubby Dan

Welcome aboard.

Back
Top Bottom