Does Glomex weBBoat work with Verizon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodstock

Vessel Name
Pawseidon
Vessel Make
Navigator 4600
I've read some past threads that indicated the Glomex weBBoat antenna did not work with a Verizon account/SIM card. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I have a Verizon unlimited prepaid plan and jetpack and would like to find a better receiver. I've asked Glomex and they don't know and getting anyone from Verizon to answer this is not easy.

I've read some past threads that indicated the Glomex weBBoat antenna did not work with a Verizon account/SIM card. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I have a Verizon unlimited prepaid plan and jetpack and would like to find a better receiver. I've asked Glomex and they don't know and getting anyone from Verizon to answer this is not easy.
I have Glomex and an Amazon Prime account. My system is fantastic but the real secret is in the Amazon Smart TV. It's the tuner, not the antenna! I'm also an unlimited Verizon user. (I'm told even a coat hanger will work as an antenna if you have a modern tuner.)

Attachments

• Tiger.jpg
    Tiger.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Verizon LTE bands: 2, 4, 5, 13*, 66 (*=Main band)

Glomex weBBoat Pro Frequency 4G (LTE) bands: B1/B2/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20

It appears that it should work, but it only covers two of the Verizon Bands. It WON'T work in the Bahamas, BTC uses band 17. Just because a device is LTE/4G doesn't mean it covers all the possibilities. You have to do your own research. Verizon won't help you with a device they don't market. Glomex probably doesn't know for sure which bands Verizon uses, so they won't commit either. They just keep bouncing you back to the other. You need to do your homework.

Verizon LTE bands: 2, 4, 5, 13*, 66 (*=Main band)

Glomex weBBoat Pro Frequency 4G (LTE) bands: B1/B2/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20

It appears that it should work, but it only covers two of the Verizon Bands. It WON'T work in the Bahamas, BTC uses band 17. Just because a device is LTE/4G doesn't mean it covers all the possibilities. You have to do your own research. Verizon won't help you with a device they don't market. Glomex probably doesn't know for sure which bands Verizon uses, so they won't commit either. They just keep bouncing you back to the other. You need to do your homework.

Thanks for the input. I had not considered the different frequencies that these devices cover. I assumed a cellular antenna would cover all common frequencies. Looks like the Wave WiFi MBR550 would be a better choice but it still doesn't cover the BTC band. I wonder if any of them do??

My system is fantastic but the real secret is in the Amazon Smart TV. It's the tuner, not the antenna!
I meant to say Samsung not Amazon! I hope a lot of people were not Googling Amazon Smart TV!:angel:

Thanks for the input. I had not considered the different frequencies that these devices cover. I assumed a cellular antenna would cover all common frequencies. Looks like the Wave WiFi MBR550 would be a better choice but it still doesn't cover the BTC band. I wonder if any of them do??

The SmoothTalker units have band 17, which AT&T uses here as well. They are nice folks too (I mean the ST folks, I have no experience with vendor in the link)
https://www.signalbooster.com/produ...high-gain-antenna-smoothtalker-bmcx655oxlpc20

Back
Top Bottom