1926 Winslow 56’

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Cofer

Guru
Vessel Name
Puffin
Vessel Make
Willard Vega 30
Well after a brief hiatus we are back bigger and better than ever. Closed on the next chapter in our boating lives today. A woody GB wasn’t enough of a challenge?!

Attachments

• B3B6AEE7-F56F-45AC-B748-EF6BC4533407.jpg
    B3B6AEE7-F56F-45AC-B748-EF6BC4533407.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Well after a brief hiatus we are back bigger and better than ever. Closed on the next chapter in our boating lives today. A woody GB wasn’t enough of a challenge?!

Wow, if that's the same boat as advertised on the Off Centre site, I salute your courage, tenacity, and above all your taste.

Congratulations!

Just beautiful. Congratulations.

What a stunning craft! She deserves to be under your care, congratulations!
We're all looking forward to more pictures.

Best of all, no FB to remove.:)

Magnificent. You’re a braver man than I. Best of luck!

Wow! What a beauty. Best of luck with her. More photos and stories of your travels with her, please.

John

Can't wait to see what projects you pick up in this one. The new electronic dash set up you completed on the GB was killer! Of course all the personalization you and Jill completed too was top notch! I am sure you'll be a great custodian for this vessel as you were for the last.

Happy boating Bob!

Magnificent boat Bob

Would like a full report on the Navy anchor. You’ll probably be amazed by it. There was a trawler in LaConner that went up in SE every summer in a 50’ steel trawler and he always had the Navy anchor on the bow. Had nothing but good to say about it. However when I asked him why he didn’t have windshield wipers he said casually “don’t need them”. I don’t either and was interested in his response.
Like the old cars this boat of yours may have vacuum operated wipers.
Her lines look straight. Seems you found a good one.
Cedar on oak?
Original power? Prolly not. That could have been gas.

Magnificent boat Bob

Would like a full report on the Navy anchor. You’ll probably be amazed by it. There was a trawler in LaConner that went up in SE every summer in a 50’ steel trawler and he always had the Navy anchor on the bow. Had nothing but good to say about it. However when I asked him why he didn’t have windshield wipers he said casually “don’t need them”. I don’t either and was interested in his response.
Like the old cars this boat of yours may have vacuum operated wipers.
Her lines look straight. Seems you found a good one.
Cedar on oak?
Original power? Prolly not. That could have been gas.

Hi Eric,

1 1/2” cedar, 2x2 oak frames 9” on center.

Gray Marine 6-71.

29” wheel.

Let the adventures begin.

Bob

Sweet!
That baby is gonna keep ya outta the bars!

You are a better man than I gundadine.
(yea, it is misspelled)

The outside is dated. The interior is dated.
Being outdated can be wonderful and beautiful SMILE

Ahh, the smell of mineral spirits in the morning.

I gets better with every picture. Yes, there is upkeep,your bright work skills will be called upon, but the advertised price was amazing, I expected a lot more $ ask. Congratulations, a vessel approaching its centenary in better condition than most boats of any age.

Welcome back Bob. And man what a way to come back. She’s beautiful and your the right man for her. Can’t wait to see more.

Welcome back Bob. And man what a way to come back. She’s beautiful and your the right man for her. Can’t wait to see more.

+1.

Fantastic boat that I would never be worthy to own. You are.

Feels like it’s been forever. Thank you for the kind words!

Welcome back stateside!

Seafarer is BEAUTIFUL, Bob! What a great way to return to boating!

Will she remain in a covered slip? If so, that should help to minimize the labor needed to preserve her in her bristol condition.

:thumb: :thumb:

She bears a startling resemblance ( at least to me ) to Herman Goring's yacht as seen in the video linked below. Goring's boat was 90 feet long...but this could be its little sister !!

Back
Top Bottom