Promariner 1000watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Comodave

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Black Dog
Vessel Make
Formula 41PC
I am thinking about buying one of these to run my icemaker and a chest freezer when we are underway. I don’t want to put a larger charger/inverter in the boat. But I do want to keep things frozen in the freezer and keep ice frozen. Any comments good or bad about the Promariner inverter?

Can you give more details about the freezer and its power requirements? Is the freezer all you want an inverter for? How long will you need the freezer to be powered by the inverter? What batteries will be supplying power to the inverter?

We need MUCH more detail. Like total wattage draw, startup load, what type and size battery's it will be running on. And all of the good stuff engineers always ask for.

I am thinking about buying one of these to run my icemaker and a chest freezer when we are underway. I don’t want to put a larger charger/inverter in the boat. But I do want to keep things frozen in the freezer and keep ice frozen. Any comments good or bad about the Promariner inverter?

We have the 2000W inverter/charger PSW version, installed a couple years ago, seems to work OK. The remote panel is a good option, if offered. You might want to read the Sterling version of the manual in advance too; sometimes the different wording helps understand...

Also, there's a cheesy bit: the remote panel says "Quasi Sine Wave" and when asked, the ProMariner guy said (paraphrased) "yeah, they all say that... otherwise we'd have to customize the panels." Another cheesy bit, for the inverter/charger version, is that neither ProMariner nor Sterling have implemented the custom voltage feature. That's not obvious until you read the Sterling version of the manual.

We use ours to power outlets servicing small appliances (coffeemaker, microwave/convection combo, TV/stereo stuff, etc.) and not for the two fridges 'cause they're AC/DC already.

Anyway, as I said, ours seems to work OK, and I'd guess a smaller inverter-only model would be equally OK.

-Chris

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t looking for sizing info just whether or not they are any good.

Yep, understood that... just happens info about our larger one (and in inverter/charger guise, at that) is the only direct hands-on I had...

-Chris

No problem, you gave me exactly what I was looking for, just were the Promariner inverters any good. I have 2 Promariner chargers and like them. Thanks Chris.

Back
Top Bottom