B & G Electronics Good Stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
I am hearing and seeing more and more B&G. I’ve never had any experience with them. Are they a good option for a full set of vessel electronics?
What kind of repair services do they provide?
Thanks.

I am hearing and seeing more and more B&G. I’ve never had any experience with them. Are they a good option for a full set of vessel electronics?
What kind of repair services do they provide?
Thanks.

B&G is part of the Navico line (Lowrance, Simrad, and B&G). Decent gear overall, but I'd opt for Raymarine, Garmin, or Furuno.

In reading most their reviews it seems that they are mostly focused on the Sail Boat industry.

B&G is part of the Navico line (Lowrance, Simrad, and B&G). Decent gear overall, but I'd opt for Raymarine, Garmin, or Furuno.

:thumb: Good advice. I am more leaning to Garmin and Raymarine as they have a full lineup.

David

I prefer the Navico equipment over Garmin & Raymarine. I have the B&G on my sailboat, it's programing is tailored for sail. The Lowrance is tailored to fishing and the Simrad is more Motor Yacht oriented and is what I will be refitting my trawler with.
The hardware is all very similar and all the components play nice with one another when combined.

I prefer the Navico equipment over Garmin & Raymarine. I have the B&G on my sailboat, it's programing is tailored for sail. The Lowrance is tailored to fishing and the Simrad is more Motor Yacht oriented and is what I will be refitting my trawler with.
The hardware is all very similar and all the components play nice with one another when combined.

:thumb:

I chose to go with Raymarine as at the time I was told that Ray's radar was a better product. :hide:

Attachments

• Ray Radar & Plotter.jpg
    Ray Radar & Plotter.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom