The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wavpower

Vessel Name
Northern Exposure
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
Hi, my name is Chuck and my wifes name is Joan. We are old sailors who after retirement have bought a 1980 Defever 49 RPH. We purchased the boat in Sitka Alaska 2 years ago. Spent a week getting ready to head south. The trip took a little over 3 weeks. No survey , just me checking things out.

My working life consisted of nearly 25 years working on tugs and small ships as mate and Captain. As a young couple we sold our hose and moved aboard our sailboat with 3 children and sailed from PNW to Mexico out to Hawaii and back to PNW. That trip took just over a year.

So far the Defever 49 has been an excellent boat for us. We now have 7 grandkids and enjoy taking the families out. Figured the boat would be a 5 year project and we are starting year 3.

Welcome aboard. Nice boat.

Last edited:
Well, I guess we don't have to question your level of experience on the water! Welcome to TF. You should know that we have one main rule--without pics it didn't happen.

We all like to see photos of boats, where you go boating and your family on board.

Welcome aboard.

And I like the 49 DFs. My wife and I have lived aboard 7 days a week for 4 years.

Thanks for the kind replies. Unfortunately I am of the age ware typing dose not come easily. How things have changed. I will figure out how to post pictures. Out cruising now. Met up with our 2 daughters and 5 grandkids, 6 and under.

Thanks Chuck

Chuck,

I had to learn how to type at 50 years old. To post pictures just right click on the picture and "copy" , the go to the page you want and right click where you want it and "paste" . After a time or two it will be easy.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom