Maintenance manual for Thetford Tecma Silence Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhays

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinship
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
I have looked but have not been able to find any information on maintenance items on the Tecma Silence head. I've got the Owners and Installation manual, but it has no maintenance information.

Any ideas?

What additional preventive maintenance instructions do you think it should include (serious question, not a "dig")? Remember...it's only the TOILET, not the whole system, that matters to Thetford.

--Peggie

What additional preventive maintenance instructions do you think it should include (serious question, not a "dig")? Remember...it's only the TOILET, not the whole system, that matters to Thetford.

Good point. I’m used to marine toilets that have joker valves that need to be replaced etc...

The Thetford seems to simply have two pumps, a control panel, and a bit of piping. I just want to be sure that there isn’t something basic I’m missing.

I don't know if you've noticed that the Owners Manual at the link boathealer posted is the one for the RV version. At least it includes some maintenance instructions...the owners manual for the marine version--only9 pages--doesn't. In fact, it's an even more pathetic excuse for an owners manual than Jabsco's owners manuals! Tecma Silence Marine owners manual

As for joker valves...looking at the exploded drawings for both version, it doesn't appear that there is one. Both versions have only one motor. They include both the 12v and 24v pumps in the parts list 'cuz they have different part #s, which can mislead you into thinking there are two if you miss that little detail.

Is yours the fresh water or sea water version?

--Peggie

Then the RV version 'manual should work for you 'cuz RVs can only use fresh water.

Have a safe and enjoyable 4th celebrating another year that our country is somehow still managing to survive political correctness.

--Peggie

Back
Top Bottom