Flying TF Burgee from a Trawler's Antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boilermaker75

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Kimberly Dawn
Vessel Make
1984 Marine Trader 40 Sundeck Trawlet
After about 2+/- years of searching/researching and having scores of questions answered by the knowledgeable and experienced members of TF, I finally found "the boat" for my America's Great Loop adventure, and closed/took possession of a 1984 Marine Trader 40 Sundeck Trawler in Carolina Beach, NC on Friday, May 31st. My older brother and brother-in-law then joined me and we "drove" the boat up the Atlantic ICW and lower Chesapeake Bay from Carolina Beach, NC (starting on June 1st), and anchored the boat in back of my brother's and sister-in-law's home on the Rhode River in Edgewater, MD on June 8th.

Lot's of problems/issues identified (some resolved in transit; others on the "punch list" to get remediated over the next 8 weeks) during our 7.5-day "shake down" cruise.

But I'm finally officially a trawler owner, flying the TF burgee on the VHF antenna of an actual trawler (rather than on my office wall, where it's been for the past few months). AND officially a Looper, flying the America's Great Loop Cruisers Association burgee on the bow pulpit.

Next leg (in September): Edgewater, MD to Oneida Lake, NY, by way of the Chesapeake-to-Delaware Canal, Hudson River and Erie Canal. The boat will be hauled out, winterized, and stored at a marina in the Oneida Lake, NY area, and I'll get its federal documentation revised/updated to reflect the change in ownership and change in name from "Kimberly Dawn" (named after the previous owner's wife) to "Dorothy Mae" (named after my late mother).

Peace and blessings,

Larry Buchman
Carol Stream, IL (30 miles west of Chicago/Lake Michigan)
630.430.0355 (M)

Congrats on the new boat.
I have heard great reviews on Winter Hbr ib Brewerton from several boaters that wintered there. I'd advise calling early to book as they do fill up fast. They have inside heated storage avail that allows off season work to be done.
No interest just passing along comments I've received.

I thought for sure that all TF burgees were sold with the understanding that they would not be flown inferior to any other flag except the the Ensign Flag. How could you demote the TF burgee from bow pulpit to VHF antenna. I think you need to correct that right away! LOL!!!

Congrats on the boat and the beginning of your Journey...!!

(Note the TF Burgee in its proper position aboard the FREEDOM in my avatar pic...) :)

The AGLCA burgee on the bow pulpit is only visible from a mile away, since its only 5 feet above the waterline. But the TF burgee is visible from much farther away, since it's 20 feet above the waterline at the top of the VHF antenna, in a place of great honor and visibility ;-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom