Replacing a Danfoss Control Module

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
OK, this is a long shot and I’ll probably need to call the manufacturer Monday. I’m trying to replace a faulty Danfoss 101N0510 control module on a Dometic/Waeco CR-1110 refrig/freezer. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to remove the old module. It appears there is a plastic tab locking it in place (second photo), but no amount of pushing or prying will move it. Anyone made this replacement before?

(I’ve Googled and YouTubed but found nothing on this specific configuration in which the controller is not connected directly to the compressor.)

Attachments

• 2F7D8ADE-239A-4F20-810F-E762E2FE96BB.jpg
    2F7D8ADE-239A-4F20-810F-E762E2FE96BB.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 6BA40474-D575-4889-942E-9C076356D094.jpg
    6BA40474-D575-4889-942E-9C076356D094.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 86
This may not be much help.... I just had to replace my control module and thermostat on my Nova Kool refrigerator. I received excellent phone technical support to trouble shoot the problems... If you haven't already, be sure to test the power supply (mine is 12v DC /110v AC), compressor and thermostat first before replacing the control module.

Good luck

This may not be much help.... I just had to replace my control module and thermostat on my Nova Kool refrigerator. I received excellent phone technical support to trouble shoot the problems... If you haven't already, be sure to test the power supply (mine is 12v DC /110v AC), compressor and thermostat first before replacing the control module.

Good luck

Thanks a lot for the ideas.

I talked to Dometic about this earlier and they said the error code was indicative of either a bad fan or control unit (which I thought was the same thing as the power supply). The fan proved to be fine so I ordered a new unit similar to the one pictured. I’ll call them again tomorrow.it looks like there’s a plastic tab or plug in the cavity where a mounting screw should be.

Attachments

• 7E9E0160-3D99-4CD4-BD65-DB7262F5DB95.jpeg
    7E9E0160-3D99-4CD4-BD65-DB7262F5DB95.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 58
Thanks a lot for the ideas.

I talked to Dometic about this earlier and they said the error code was indicative of either a bad fan or control unit (which I thought was the same thing as the power supply). The fan proved to be fine so I ordered a new unit similar to the one pictured. I’ll call them again tomorrow.it looks like there’s a plastic tab or plug in the cavity where a mounting screw should be.
Angus99. Sorry can't help with your specific configuration...I've replaced two failed Danfoss modules on a 1.5yo Vitrifrigo frig aboard Salty, but they mounted directly to the compressor with tabs and a screw. What I can advise is to verify with Danfoss that you are buying the latest revision module if you buy off the internet. They are at least on Rev.2 on my module, which I was assured that they have fixed the common failure problem. Fingers crossed, the latest module has lasted several months longer than the first two.

Angus99. Sorry can't help with your specific configuration...I've replaced two failed Danfoss modules on a 1.5yo Vitrifrigo frig aboard Salty, but they mounted directly to the compressor with tabs and a screw. What I can advise is to verify with Danfoss that you are buying the latest revision module if you buy off the internet. They are at least on Rev.2 on my module, which I was assured that they have fixed the common failure problem. Fingers crossed, the latest module has lasted several months longer than the first two.

Thanks Luke. Wish I could find a direct drop-in replacement for these units with all their glitchy electronics. I’d ditch the DC function entirely and run them off the inverter.

I talked to a helpful Dometic tech and he explained where to apply pressure, how to twist, push and make burnt offerings to get this weirdly designed thing to let go. New module is in and the beer is cold! Thanks again, all, for the ideas.

Hola

I, like you, have trawled the Internet for help on this. Could you post how you removed rhe module as I have exact same issue and same module with what looks like a small plastic clip holding it in etc as per your pic

Many thanks

Sorry, just saw this. I’m afraid there’s been too much water over the dam since I worked on this and I didn’t document it like I normally would. You might try calling the manuf or a marine refrigeration tech. Good luck!

In the case of many isotherm units, probably among many others, there are metal clips at the bottom, underneath the part of that controller box that you are seeing. I pry some off sideways with a flat head screw driver and get some others off with a really long and thin nosed pair of needle nose pliers. Pushing them back on can also be fun, but is done the same way.

If you get a really bright light and use a flat head screwdriver to lift the bottom if that controller box up a bit along the edge, you should be able to look under it and see them. It'll be really hard to remove them without being able to see them.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I don't know if you removed it as you didn't say but there is a single screw that needs to be backed out before the unit will pop off

I've marked and labeled the screw motion30 mentioned on one of your photos. See attached.

Attachments

• 2F7D8ADE-239A-4F20-810F-E762E2FE96BB.jpg
    2F7D8ADE-239A-4F20-810F-E762E2FE96BB.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom