Hello from Tacoma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvRusalka

Vessel Name
Rusalka
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 26
Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for quite a while, and have learned tons from all of the knowledgeable folks here. I think it is time I register and come out of the shadows.

My wife and I are on our 2nd season with our 1974 26' Tollycraft. We just returned from a week in the San Juans, here are a few pictures of the boat and that trip. Looking forward to contributing what little tidbits I can here and there.

DJI_0225.jpg

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0907.JPG

DSC_2185.jpg

DSC_1836.jpg

DSC_2224.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome again. Great photos!

Where do you keep your boat?

Nice Tolly. Perfect boat to explore the Washington/BC area.

Wanted to ask about the name Rusalka. I remember seeing it referenced in a book years ago. Is it a water witch or something similar? (Just nosy)

Thanks all, we keep the boat at Des Moines marina.

The story we've heard is the original owner of the boat was Russian, and Rusalka is essentially the Russian version of sirens or similar mythical mermaids who can take the form of a beautiful woman and lure you to the depths.

Welcome to TF from the other side of the state.

A couple in our club have a Tolly that I'd guess is about the same size and year as yours.. Nice boat.

"sirens or similar mythical mermaids who can take the form of a beautiful woman and lure you to the depths."
ummm, I think I've met several of them!

Wow, we were just out there visiting friends in Des Moines! We drove by the marina. Rode the train from Denver (daughter lives there) to Sacremento, then up to Tacoma. Beautiful out there this time of year:thumb:

Wow, we were just out there visiting friends in Des Moines! We drove by the marina. Rode the train from Denver (daughter lives there) to Sacremento, then up to Tacoma. Beautiful out there this time of year:thumb:

It sure is, from May - September there isn't a nicer place in the country to be. But, getting through the fall and winter can grind you down a bit. One thing our marina is thinking of doing is to target people who live elsewhere since it is only about 15 min away from the airport. The idea would be keep your boat there, fly in to Seattle, jump onboard and head off cruising.

It sure is, from May - September there isn't a nicer place in the country to be. But, getting through the fall and winter can grind you down a bit. One thing our marina is thinking of doing is to target people who live elsewhere since it is only about 15 min away from the airport. The idea would be keep your boat there, fly in to Seattle, jump onboard and head off cruising.

Great idea - hope it works for your marina. Might be a bit too far for our boat, but I guess we could buy one out there - would be great to cruise up to Alaska:thumb:

If I ever get my boat out of refit, probably not until close to Labour Day, I hope I see in your my neck of the woods. Most Washingtonians who cruise eventually end up here for Jervis Inlet and Desolation Sound. I live in Qualicum Beach but my boat is in Comox so for me I'm a short jump to Powell River and the beginning of all the fun.

Welcome aboard the forum. You have a nice looking boat there. Looks to be in good condition too. Great photos.

The entire area (Puget Sound, San Juans, Gulf Islands, Desolation Sound and further North) offer virtually limitless beautiful places to visit. Enjoy!!!

Thanks all, we keep the boat at Des Moines Marina

Congrats on the "new to you boat".

Those Tolly 26's are extremely popular boats for being 40 + year old boats.

If you are moored in Des Moines, do you belong or have you thought about joining the Des Moines Yacht Club? They are a very active club with friendly members. They offer cruises, social events, dances, dinners and boater education. The yacht club owns the only protected boat launch in town and have dry storage for boats on trailers up to 46 feet long.

There are many Tolly's in the club. One member owns a 46 foot Tolly that he keeps on a trailer and he launches it down the boat ramp every time they use it. They are very active and launch 2 to 3 times a month during boating season. He is over 80!

We have been members for 30 years.

Last edited:
Plus one about joining a yacht club. Find one that you and the Admiral feel comfortable. Reciprocal moorage with other clubs is a common benefit, but the network of where to go, how to fix something and somewhat organized cruises are valuable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom