Thread: Total Control
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #68
twistedtree
Guru

City: Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
You share one of my strong dislikes too. I'm also unsure how they benefit anyone. And I hate voice mail in business. You call our business during business hours and the phone will be answered by a live human being. Turning a single phone call into multiple calls until you actually speak just doesn't seem to save. The most efficient way is the most direct and it's resolving what you can with one call. Then half the time with the automated systems, what I'm looking for isn't there so I select other and get another list and select other from it and start yelling into the phone at the recording for a "live human" or "Customer service" or "representative." While at it, what is there with companies that have customers across the country, having customer service only based on one time zone. For our wholesale businesses, customer service is 8 AM - 9 PM Eastern Time so we cover 8 AM - 6 PM in all time zones. Then there are those companies today providing customer service only by chat or email. Most ironic is a large VOIP company that does that. I once asked them if they found their VOIP didn't work or something.

Now, on my personal phone, I will never answer if I don't recognize the number so voice mail is essential. If a voice mail is left, I'll immediately return any legitimate call.

It’s a basic courtesy, if not good business. If I’m not worth answering the phone for, then it’s clear how important a customer I am to you.

Too many companies treat customer service as an overhead expense, and something to be reduced or deflected. They couldn’t be more wrong. It’s the best and easiest opportunity to distinguish yourself from everyone else.

Take care of your customers. Why is that so difficult?