View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 09:56 AM   #9
HeadMistress
Guru

City: AR
pH for both water and waste is between 7 and 9. pH level for distilled white vinegar is typically 2.5. which is why it should always been flushed out of the plumbing after about 45-60 minutes when used to descale hoses...that's acidic enough to do serious damage to any soft rubber left to soak in it--so don't even think of leaving it to sit the bowl...it'll destroy your joker valve.

The TankTech RX MSDS http://dev.tanktechsrx.com/wp-conten...echsRx_SDS.pdf lists the pH level as < 3.60± 0.20 even lower than vinegar.

This statement on theTankTechRX website cracked me up:

Don’t spend your nautical adventures swabbing a poopy deck. TankTechsRx is here to keep your fresh and salt water vessels free of solid and water waste.

As if it can prevent a blocked tank vent from pressurizing the tank resulting in a spew when the pumpout cap is opened???

If "hmason" is happy with it, great. But I've never been impressed with it...it's very expensive but doesn't come close to eliminating holding tank odor --odor out the vent-- and dissolving sludge as No-Flex Digestor Noflex Digestor does for a lot less.

That's my $.02 worth anyway.

--Peggie

HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote