Old 05-30-2019, 05:34 PM   #20
boomerang
Guru

City: Kilmarnock VA
Vessel Name: Wandering Star
Vessel Model: PSN40
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmstro55 View Post
Well, I followed the advice and was able to see the sweep and some returns on the radar if I turn the gain up to about 80/100. Initially, I could also see the land features but I couldn't get the adjustment to be able to see boats or buoys. It seems that either I get a whole lot of clutter or basically nothing. I will spend more time adjusting some of the other settings to see if the radar functions correctly.

After messing with it for a while, it then stopped showing the land features so I don't know if it is really transmitting.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm gonna keep trying.
The picture shows you're receiving but not transmitting. You can try reseating the connections but it's doubtful you'll have any luck. You're best off to buy a used radome that works with the SL/RL series and not spend (waste) too much money on that system if it isn't in your budget to buy a new one now. Your system, even in working condition, isn't worth any more than $200-$300. Just remember, the radome needs to be an older one that works with the Pathfinder series. Even though later models look the same , they wont work with your display.