Generator Hydro-Locking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the overhead too low to get some good rise in the hump?

Yep. I was able to get just 1-2 inches.

I did find online the install instructions for my genny. It states if you run the exhaust out the stern install a flapper.

In K-Town and have check valve in hand. Installing tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the input. Crusty, are you flying up to supervise??

Last edited:
If you use a check valve go with the proprietary exhaust Centek or equivalent, a common metal check valve will wear out quickly in exhaust use.

Post some pics showing the layout as it is.

I don't like using check valves of any type. Consequences of failure are high, and the do fail. Especially here.

Check valve might be ok for the duration of the trip.

If you use a check valve go with the proprietary exhaust Centek or equivalent, a common metal check valve will wear out quickly in exhaust use.

That is the brand I used.

Post some pics showing the layout as it is.

I don't like using check valves of any type. Consequences of failure are high, and the do fail. Especially here.

Check valve might be ok for the duration of the trip.

Check valve installed. I had to move the lift muffler and I will be putting a 2 x 2 under one edge of it. I will need to be careful not to step on it.

I called Centek to ask if the valve needed before or after the lift muffler. After was recommended.

Top Pic: Shows the run of the exhaust.

Second Pic shows the tip of the check valve.

Attachments

• IMG_5248.jpg
    IMG_5248.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 36
You know with a sawsall and about 15 minutes I could get you all the clearance you could ever want...

I did find a light in that corner which of course does not work. Winter list started....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom