Old 05-24-2019, 05:19 PM   #24
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comodave View Post
PMM did an article on a converted Grand Banks, I think, from diesel to hybrid, generator driving 2 electric motors. Advantages were more room in engine room and the torque in electric motors comes on at extremely low RPMs. It was going to be the big new thing, however it apparently went without a trace. Never really heard about it again. You might look the article up and read it.
So goes the frontier ...
many say it was the frontier that made America great.
All this electric stuff from batteries is pop energy. It’s hard to say how long it will remain popular but it will melt down eventually. I was up to —- in UL aviation in the 80’s and it definitely was a pop fad. When was the last time you saw an UL? I’m an old man that like old things ... but only certain things. Old furniture from the 50’s .. NO. Cars from the 50’s .. big yes. Ect ect. But I like engines so I almost need to dislike solar and motors. Baugh humbug basically. But like I said to my friend 10 yrs ago “Joe it’s (his Prius) not cost effective”. It’s a Oooo Oooo I’m all electric and as green as I can get. But the electrons for the electric car come’s from coal.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote