View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
Gdavid
Guru

City: Owings, Md
Vessel Name: Graceland
Vessel Model: Mainship 34 MK1
1985 Mainship 34' Mark III

Ready to cruise, this boat is perfect for anyone wanting to get into trawler boating. She has a stern thruster, a 200 turbo diesel Perkins that sips fuel as she cruises at 8 knots. (3 gallons per hour) Her Ray Marine auto helm and Yanmar powered 5 K gen set were installed by her current owners, making cruising even nicer. The bottom was soda blasted and given a fresh barrier coat in 2018. Currently she is back in the water with fresh bottom paint and zinc's. She spends winters on the hard shrink wrapped. We have had this boat for three summers of cruising the Chesapeake Bay and are ready to move up to a larger Mainship. $35K.
https://www.boattrader.com/listing/1985-mainship-trawler-mark-iii-103565316/?refSource=standard_listing

Notes: This is my parents boat that I am very familiar with, I run it a lot and have done much of the maintenance but please use the contact information in the listing to arrange visiting the vessel. This is a well loved vessel that is in continued use. Our family has owned and operated boats for decades but this boat was a substantial step up in terms of size and commitment from a previous, trailer-able walkaround and the boat has served us very well as being easy to maintain and an affordable entry to coastal cruising. These early Mainships are popular for good reason and offer tremendous value. Due to the age of the vessels, the condition of examples on the market widely varied based on care and maintenance over the past 30+ years. This example is in great shape due to frequent use and preventative maintenance. Specifically, the perkins heat exchanger on this boat was rebuild in 2018 with a new tube bundle and end gaskets to provide years of continued service. Additionally, the decks are firm and dry. All thru hulls have been replaced within the last 10 years.
Attached Thumbnails
M1.jpg   M2.jpg  
Attached Images