Schematics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rondalw1

Vessel Name
WIXHAUSEN
Vessel Make
Jefferson 42
Does anyone know where I can get a set of schematics for the breaker panel on a 1989 Jefferson 42?

Thanks

Hi Rondalw1,
I have an '87 Jefferson 42 sundeck that I think had something in the owner's manual. It wasn't very detailed as I remember so I wouldn't call it a schematic! Do you have it and looking for something better? I go down to the boat (2hrs away) this weekend and can snap you a shot of it if you tell me where to send it.

BTW, is the '89 wiring chases as stuffed as my '87? Have you cut an additional hole in the floor to the engine room? I'm trying to decide the best location to avoid structure, plumbing and existing wiring and still be usable.

I am an electronic's geek and am installing multiple helm stations, sidescan, radar, autopilot, networks and cameras. I put on a temp backup wifi camera (Jennov outdoor PTZ $120 on Amazon) on the sundeck roof last year and it helps a lot backing into my slip and checking my boat remotely. However, I found the sundeck roof is solid so I can't snake wire through it. It appears they routed channels before fiberglassing. I have the same problems inside were it appears they routed channels in plywood, secured wiring and then veneered over them?

Hi Rondalw1,
I have an '87 Jefferson 42 sundeck that I think had something in the owner's manual. It wasn't very detailed as I remember so I wouldn't call it a schematic! Do you have it and looking for something better? I go down to the boat (2hrs away) this weekend and can snap you a shot of it if you tell me where to send it.

BTW, is the '89 wiring chases as stuffed as my '87? Have you cut an additional hole in the floor to the engine room? I'm trying to decide the best location to avoid structure, plumbing and existing wiring and still be usable.

I am an electronic's geek and am installing multiple helm stations, sidescan, radar, autopilot, networks and cameras. I put on a temp backup wifi camera (Jennov outdoor PTZ $120 on Amazon) on the sundeck roof last year and it helps a lot backing into my slip and checking my boat remotely. However, I found the sundeck roof is solid so I can't snake wire through it. It appears they routed channels before fiberglassing. I have the same problems inside were it appears they routed channels in plywood, secured wiring and then veneered over them?

Thanks hp. Yes, wiring is pretty intense. Yes if you can snap a shot of the diagrams that you have that would be great.

I am also installing all new electronics and we have some mystery breakers.

Hi Rondalw1,
Does this look like yours?

OhE0hh3tz4lwq8c8n5smCjxOhj3mgovpDK5zaghl69WTw2JRl5kdWB-a00GgwImKkdP_tXrFJBehZAlw9x11jmAejpdW1lkhJEMZ46RfJVA5tXDI3fBbyH9cz-KV8rj0HzKEFj3xwLQ6xhcGq23S4AAdh3awz_mUc27xINcMzK1ZAcFf-CmlM1vk-OTR1h5FI5zT5xzoKLUvj4hStrgHf8EIZuoV8qQeDLu-P3-l6yDBMhsIptDsONYx3Ndhx3DEqL34ij2bz7VGc-tu3WFOzUoz3l0tEjvQYEK25tabOFI43Qpw_Iu9831SwTME4RXZIuPMCeeYNr203jKdqy6UAwhImMGmbO_yFgio2zHMZRLHngSXB67qy37-6lrNrPZnNxKNtA0js_lJkWCow-gnuBSRZ-aCzqaKwZA_eWRhelxY6bYiI3JUFIzcC6kUB28cAIsyxl6m0C930xL5tXoC2s-qJZjhSGQOg_CAoA-pJj__TaTULJtFCfGPFU4cHaoQHKq3BcCJbmR92zHSASrzS7vmldD6qMAUFtgNQ93M7Izd1-tp7jBOc5dGnPD6I_6jIbqYC8hQycHME3MptuhRKeN7IirSIsLSARXBg7bvhu-ns1NY1vgksFEItooIGnj93WyIfuytUF1RdTab-Y7jeizEVVxnLvda7XZjiY4WAOnMurhnJEqnzdRpmIL8qGsp5Z1V7mfmptqF9ABdVOk=w636-h848-no

Very close but a few differences. We also have twin A/C Panels but DC looks close.

Here's what I have for breaker panel, AC, and gen. Let me know if it helps.
uupcNHdT8WrXmhmE6

Sorry, appears attached pictures link didn't work in previous email. Try these attachments.
Do you have any schematics for Perkin engine wiring and gages?
Do you happen to know wire routing to the ceiling lights in rear stateroom and bath? I have intermittent bad ground driving me nuts!

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_081634489[1].jpg
    IMG_20190504_081634489[1].jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20190504_081748251[1].jpg
    IMG_20190504_081748251[1].jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20190504_081052979[1].jpg
    IMG_20190504_081052979[1].jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Thanks for above. Looking over previous owner materials and I found complete schematics for the boat.

Sorry, nothing on Perkins, he replaced with Cummings.

Did you look under Lazerette in stateroom. Up under the lip of bed storage.

If you can take a snap of your schematics, I'd be interested if they show more. I'll check out the lazerette when I go down next weekend. Not clear on what you mean by lip, did you mean under the headboard?
Thanks

Attachments

• HPIM5383.jpg
    HPIM5383.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 46
BTW, watch out for the "AC Supply #2" Shore power switch. It was smoking on me this weekend due to corrosion on the screw compression terminals and passing 20A running heat pump AC. It worried me that it could have caught fire if I hadn't detected it. Stinks but was hard to localize as I thought it was coming from the engine room as sucked down there by exhaust fans.

It would be great if all of us with Taiwanese clone boats (Jefferson, CHB, Californian, Marine Trader, etc) could combine our documentation and put it a TF repository. I would sure line to stop working blind and have a good set of references.
Would the Library\Manuals or Systems be the correct place? Does anyone know how to set up or ask for a Subcategory?

Greetings,
Slight thread drift warning: While schematics ARE a bonus if they were ever supplied by the builder most of us have previously "enjoyed" boats. Some "enjoyed" to the extent that the original factory wiring is almost unrecognizable and potentially dangerous/fatal.

giphy.webp

Back
Top Bottom