Ancient Mariner/Newlywed Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imp

Retired prof & marine archaeologist. Although owned a couple of cabin cruisers in the 70's/early 80's, I was primarily a sailboat (Fantasia 35) bluewater cruiser out of Newport Beach, who eventually dropped anchor in Oriental NC. Widowed 7 years (skipper eventually died after a lengthy retirement, working on the boat), but one of the great-granddaughters piped up one day, "Grandma, you need to find yourself a husband--you're old, you live alone & you don't have a teddy bear to sleep with. No thinkin', no blinkin', no winkin', Grandma, just do it."
Fast forward a bit to a whirlwind romance with a dashing retired military officer, also widowed, who shared my love of shipwrecks & being in, under & on the water, & an elopement was next. Now we are residing in Sneads Ferry NC. My wedding gift was a custom kayak for two with all the bells & whistles, but we've since decided that we need something larger, so have settled on a twin station sundeck trawler in the 40' range, that we can keep in the Keys, will best suit our current needs. To that end, the pre-me, brand-new custom never-launched 24' Jones Bros. fishing boat has been hauled back to the mfr. for resale, & we have a date for our 1st anniversary later this month to start looking at trawlers, now that we've done some research & set our minimum criteria.
Looking forward to reading & learning more on this site--

Imp

Welcome aboard. Good luck with your search.

Welcome and congrats:thumb: You will love the livability of a sundeck trawler. A bit more challenging with line handling, but just start with a mid-ship line when docking and you will have no problems!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, and good luck with your search.
JohnS

Welcome aboard TF and a big congratulations on launching the next chapter of your life with a positive outlook!
Hope to hear more and eventually see the photos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom