What y’all doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
It’s salmon and sweet potato on the William tonight . Well it’s the best salmon we can get it this little bo dunk town .

Attachments

• EDF95103-CD3E-4CE2-833B-4E1440D98049.jpg
    EDF95103-CD3E-4CE2-833B-4E1440D98049.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 81
Walked Governor's Harbour this afternoon. The first capital of the Bahamas.

Had a couple of Sands and a conch salad at the Buccaneer Club, then dinner on board with a Captain and diet Coke.

Spanish Wells tomorrow.

Had a couple of Sands and a conch salad at the Buccaneer Club, then dinner on board with a Captain and diet Coke.

Spanish Wells tomorrow.
Menzies you definitely got it going on . Are you going to do the Abacos this time? We have friends that live in Treasure Cay. They live right across from the marina there.

Playing with a calculator to figure out I only have about 290 work days to go until I can have nothing better to do than sit around the boat and wonder what other people might be doing.

Playing with a calculator to figure out I only have about 290 work days to go until I can have nothing better to do than sit around the boat and wonder what other people might be doing.
That sounds great except for the 290 days. I’m afraid I have a lot more days than that.

Went to the boat for the first time since winter ended to check everything was fine. Unwrap day planned for next weekend. Removed winter shelter and having a good bbq with good wine. Looking at my task list for the coming weeks I am just crying :D

L

That sounds great except for the 290 days. I’m afraid I have a lot more days than that.

My bad...thought you were just hanging around the boat with nothing much to do :facepalm:

Menzies you definitely got it going on . Are you going to do the Abacos this time? We have friends that live in Treasure Cay. They live right across from the marina there.

Sure am. Spanish Wells tomorrow. Staying at Yacht Haven just for the night, then running to Little Harbour Cut on Monday, the 6th. Will muck about Abaco until around the 22nd or so and then look for a window to get back across.

Since Treasure is our favorite stop we will be picking up a ball there for two or three nights.

My bad...thought you were just hanging around the boat with nothing much to do :facepalm:

Well, that describes me:)
After a few days of intermittent light rain we have a bluebird day. So, 4th coat of varnish now completed I'll do some shopping and then go out into the bay to do the next few coats. Forecast is for a week of sunny days, but I will come back on Friday to miss the 30kn change!

Water temp is still 24-26°C, so all in all it will be a very pleasant week.

Attachments

• May forecast.pdf
    857.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I brought all the fixin's with me to the Bahamas to do the bright work during our cruise. Two months in, and it is all still in the box!

Ah well. It will be too hot to varnish when we get back to Florida so it will have to wait until November!

Just returned from a day trip out to Coronet Bay and Hope Island, had my daughter and son in law over from Pullman. They brought a friend visiting from Brazil, so once again we were flying our Brazil courtesy flag for our guests. Had a great lunch, bacon blue cheese salad, grilled meats and cinnamon dusted pineapple. Beautiful weather today for it all here in the PNW.

Just returned from a day trip out to Coronet Bay and Hope Island, had my daughter and son in law over from Pullman. They brought a friend visiting from Brazil, so once again we were flying our Brazil courtesy flag for our guests. Had a great lunch, bacon blue cheese salad, grilled meats and cinnamon dusted pineapple. Beautiful weather today for it all here in the PNW.

WSU perchance?

Yep. Ariel graduated a couple years ago, theyve been having her work as an adjunct professor, teaching 200 level kinesiology classes. Shes paying off student loans and getting ready for grad school to work on her masters. The Brazilians came here as exchange students 4 or 5 years ago. One eventually came back to marry my daughter, the other to do telecommunications research. Turns out im a Cougar dad!

If my calculations are right you have about 1-1/2 years till retirement. Congratulations Murray.

Spanish Wells tomorrow.
>That< is cool. Im back in school (at 50) and one of my classes has me studying the colonial era in the Americas. Maybe once i retire and we get AK off our bucketlist well head that way!

Yep. Ariel graduated a couple years ago, theyve been having her work as an adjunct professor, teaching 200 level kinesiology classes. Shes paying off student loans and getting ready for grad school to work on her masters. The Brazilians came here as exchange students 4 or 5 years ago. One eventually came back to marry my daughter, the other to do telecommunications research. Turns out im a Cougar dad!

My son is there about half way through his Ph.D - Evolutionary Biology. Well over my head but a lot to do with cancer.

>That< is cool. Im back in school (at 50) and one of my classes has me studying the colonial era in the Americas. Maybe once i retire and we get AK off our bucketlist well head that way!

You will probably come across the Bahamian history, as many Loyalists came over during the American Revolution and set up settlements, hoping to go back after the British won.

I completed my masters at the ripe old age of 42, with three children in the house - did it at PENN too! Never too old!

(My wife is a saint!)

Last edited:
Working (and loving every minute of it) on the new boat! I never thought I'd be so happy about having a Beam central vac onboard. They work great!

I've just left my Mainship on the Hudson River to be hauled and stored until the end of the summer. Got my car full of stuff and am heading back to the Great Lakes to go sailing for a few months on my newest boat.

ForumRunner_20190504_235833.jpg

If my calculations are right you have about 1-1/2 years till retirement. Congratulations Murray.

Yup. One more winter/Christmas as a letter carrier, then I can be a full time artist/photographer who uses a boat to access remote wilderness on BC's north and central coasts :thumb: :thumb:

Well, that describes me:)
After a few days of intermittent light rain we have a bluebird day. So, 4th coat of varnish now completed I'll do some shopping and then go out into the bay to do the next few coats. Forecast is for a week of sunny days, but I will come back on Friday to miss the 30kn change!

Water temp is still 24-26°C, so all in all it will be a very pleasant week.

Nice day on the bay
Look what you have missed out on.
Ours, all ours :D
Hopefully it'll say ours all week.

Attachments

• IMG_20190505_151952~01.jpg
    IMG_20190505_151952~01.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 46
Is the high water threatening spring plans?
Levels start to decrease but are still very high and the flows are wild.
Where my boat is it is surprisingly fine, as the river is wide the high level is of less importance but upstream and downstream it is impressive and there was a lot of damage. There are a lot of junk carried down, yesterday I saw a backyard fence travelling down the flow!
If weather is fine I guess everything will back under control in 2 weeks or so but forecast is for more rain next week so who knows...

L

I'm at work(yes on Sunday) .I need more boat units before I can do any more upgrades or repairs . maybe I can take another trip memorial day .:banghead:

Final prep for Summer. A few projects wrapping up, Fishing gear is starting to come out out of the garage, cleaned the hull yesterday, the usual stuff . Water still a bit cool, so I had to wear a full suit.

Last year I built a step so it was easier to get on and off our boat at our home dock. Friday I added a second step to make it easier again. In Oct 2016 we had 58” from our dock down to the water. Today it is 39”.

It's kitchen renovation time at the dirt house. All part of the plan to make it as sellable as possible in 2022.

My first attempt at picking a paint color resulted in walls that induced vomiting and diarrhea in all who were unfortunate enough to be blessed with the gift of sight. Today I try again.

Just home after two weeks in the hospital. Back surgery. Now 4-6 weeks rest.

Enough already!

Enough already!

Yikes!

Go slow, and when you start feeling better, keep going slow!!

Enough already!

I feel for you. I had back surgery December 2017. It wasn’t fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom